6 - Sunset

Dream's POV, Starting Stream

Chat begins to fly and I wait for Nightmare to start her stream. The server is loaded up and I've put my usual skin into a tux, thanks to Wilbur's suggestion. I sit at the bench where the spawnpoint is, Sapnap and Quackity both ready in place to drive us to the mountain view that we finally decided on for the picnic.

She pops in and her twitch loads, her usual delay on. Her voice rings through and I turn it down, waiting for her to join vc. I hear her ring in, her voice sounding through the call. Quackity and Sapnap join quickly, ready for the date to begin.

"Thank you for joining me," I say quietly, trying to be as calm as possible.

"You're welcome, I have a very busy schedule," she teased.

"4 hours til New Year's. Are you excited?" I ask, trying to make conversation.

"Only 1 hour for you. But yeah, I am excited."

"Nope, 4 hours. Last time I checked, we're both using PST Timezone for tonight," I say, trying my best not to sound cringe.

"Awww, I appreciate it," she laughs, crouching and turning her character.

"Hello, we are Sappy Ducks Co. Are you ready for your ride?" Quackity says with his autotune on. We all laugh, Sapnap telling him he forgot to turn it off. They both get in the front seats and I open the door for Nightmare, crouching as I did so. I get in and everything works perfectly. The shaders and textures all working and looking great from the windows. Little candy jars sat on one side of the vehicle, part of the design Sapnap and Quackity begged to have.

"Do you guys like Shakira?" Sapnap yells from the front, opening the sliding window we somehow were able to make. 

"Sure, why?" Nightmare says stiffling laughter. Quackity begins to sing Hips Don't Lie by Shakira with the autotune while Sapnap talks about how it's his favorite radio station, beginning to singalong. Soon, we're all singing in a Minecraft Limousine. We arrive at the mountain top and thank them for the riding. We get out of the car and I guide her to the mountains peak, where a picnic blanket and lights decorated the place. We were surrounded by trees on all sides except for one, where the sunset and fireworks are. We sit on the blanket when Niki walks towards us, holding modded fairy lights and more lanterns. She begins to place them, making the area light up more and the shaders cast more shadows. The scene is remarkable, especially for only being in Minecraft.

I begin to bring her attention to the setting sun, which is coded to be timed with hers in real life. It was a small touch but something I thought would bring lots of life. While it isn't snowing in the game, that's the Florida aspect I brought, it is still close to Washington, hopefully. 

"Wait my sun is setting right now like that one is!" She says, her attention now at the Minecraft sky. "That's so cool! How did you do that?" She asks quickly, seemingly mesmorized.

"George helped me code it," I say sheepishly, glad I put that small detail in there. We hear a modded car pull up the mountain to see Tommy hitting trees down from behind us. There voices are small, getting louder as they come closer.

"Tommy, you will never be driving ever again. How did you manage to destroy wild life," Wilbur scolds while laughing.

"It's not my fault the car wanted blood!" Tommy shouts, also laughing. Nightmare and I burst into laughter while they get closer, realizing we heard and saw them.

"Dream, here's the food. Sorry about the wait, Tommy can't drive for shit," Wilbur says, still teasing Tommy. 

"Dream, I swear that I can drive. It just so happens to car could drive itself. It's like a Tesla!" Tommy yells, making everyone laugh more.

"Thank you for the food boys. And thank you for driving Tommy. I'm sure it's difficult to learn how to drive in less than a week," Nightmare says, making fun of Tommy. Wilbur bursts into laughter while Tommy defends himself saying that he is not a child and definitely knows how to drive.

"Can everyone here except Tommy drive? You should really work on getting your license," I say, carrying on the joke. We all laugh and Wilbur drives them away, earning yells from Tommy saying he needs to prove himself. 3 picnic baskets rest on the blanket, all of them closed. I begin to open them, placing the modded food around.

"You know, it's incredible how you and George were able to do all of this. And how many of your friends are helping. Strike me impressed," she says genuinely, saying it in a joking way.

"Thank you. Could only have the best for you," I say, exactly like how she did.

"You know, I really do thank you for doing this. It's 1 in the morning for you and it'll be 3 when it just turns to New Year's."

"I meant what I said. Anything for you," I realize what I'm saying as it leaves my mouth. We continue talking when a car from behind comes again, revealing Quackity and Sapnap. They come up to us and bring a projector, something George coded in and I didn't think much of. They place a wall of blocks against the trees and place down the projector and another tiny block next to it. Soon, a movie is playing in Minecraft and the tiny block is a speaker.

"Leave room for God!" Sapnap yells while he walks away. Nightmare laughs before getting any words out.

"What if I'm an athiest?" she says. I laugh at her joke and we watch the movie, which just so happens to be a video Sapnap, George, Karl, and Quackity worked on. It was a parody of The Princess Bride where Quackity is the princess. It was a shortened version but it was hilarious. I then heard a knock on my door and go answer it, not even thinking to mute my mic.

"Can I meet her now?"