11 - Personal Party

The music burst to life as you emerged out of the pool, once muffled and thumping on your ears. Your eyes slowly opened and with that new eruption of energy came light - the many voices of your classmates and friends, too. The cool water tricked over you and slicked your hair back against your skin, easily sorted with a quick shake of your head to rid the clinging strands. You also used the momentum of having pushed up from the pool floor to pull yourself up and out, creating a small puddle of water underneath you on the edge as you went.

"A hand?"

Your watery eyes refocused and fell onto an outstretched palm. Without even thinking twice about who it was, you grabbed it and were neatly pulled to your feet. The grip was firm but also seemed a little delicate, your guessing of who it was being accurate when you saw that it was Sanji from your brother's year.

"Thank you."

Squeezing the water out of your hair, you glanced up at him. There was large tray in his other hand with a few drinks on it, one of which he then took from the cluster. Handing it to you, he bowed politely, the gesture almost making you laugh. You hadn't been expecting it, really.

"One mojito for a lovely lady."

His voice was just caught by you over the loud music, your head bobbing appreciatively in a nod. With that and another quick thanks from you, the blonde slipped away into the crowd to deliver his other beverages. You knew Law said he'd gotten someone who can bartend and cater, you just didn't know it would be Sanji. He was a useful man, you'd say that much.

While you stood there, it gave you a chance to look around.

Normally, your pool house was relatively unused. The only time you actually did use it was when family and friends came over and the garden was occupied, which wasn't often anyway. Now that it had a reason to be in motion, you realised it was pretty crowded. The folding doors were fully open and displayed the elongated bar, a few people sat in front on stools as they drank or conversed. Or both.

There was also quite a large seating area near said pool house, the patio now being used as a music hub and general area for all those who weren't using the pool. Which, by the way, many people were. To one side there was a DJ booth, where many people were shoving in requests left and right. To the other were some benches, the more reserved people sitting around there.

You had gotten out of the pool at a good time, considering Portgas D. Ace cannonballed in shortly after and upset one pink haired Jewelry Bonney lounging on a pizza slice float. There were a few more people sitting around the edge just talking, others swimming laps. You glanced over for a second to see Roronoa Zoro being pushed in by Usopp, who had come up behind him and was now laughing his curly head off. You too let out a snicker, finding the sight amusing.

Other than those places, there was inside, where you were now heading. You had enough of standing around in the garden, wet with water.

Feet pattering against the decking, you made your way inside. The main garden doors were wide open, meaning you only had to step through into the sitting room. It was probably a good thing that you made a quick time of rushing through to the corridor, as Sabo and Koala were getting a little too into their make out session on the sofa. Not like you could judge, because you knew that the second that you and your boyfriend found the time, you'd be the same.

Probably even worse. Better? Depends on the perspective. But boy, you loved your lover's touch.

There was no one hanging around in the kitchen and no one in the rest of the corridor, which made you even more hopeful that you were going to have at least a few quiet minutes. Your spare towel was in the front room, so it was just a matter of slipping in and getting it so you could go back outside and join the goings-on. At least, until you look for Shachi.