"Just wanted to check on you, hun. I saw your fighting- brilliant technique. I'm so glad I got Eddie to teach you fairy fighting early on." She winked. "I'm gonna shower now. Dinner in an hour sound okay? I was thinking Chinese takeaway?" Like I said: she's awesome.

"Is Daddy coming tonight?" Holly asked tentatively and a saddened look crossed my mother's face.

"I don't know, darling. I hope so." And with that she left the room and us in silence.

"Come on. Do you want to watch some more Sailor Moon?" They brightened up a bit and I put the anime on, then disappeared into the shower. Our dad was sent away on pack business almost a year ago. We didn't know what his mission was or where he went or even who he was pursuing, but that was always the problem with having an intelligence wolf as a father. He didn't like going away but he didn't get a choice. He had to go and ensure the pack's safety or rat out a traitor or threat. It sucked to be frank. I watched the blood disappear in the drain and sighed. Kilyan was going to be the Alpha, which meant he'd have to go on many trips and work a lot. If we did get together how would that work out? I don't know if I could deal with him not being around. I stepped out of the bathroom to see my two darlings sitting on the floor with their eyes glued to the tv. I checked and saw that it was an early episode where Sailor Moon finds Sailor Mars. I smiled a secret smile and quickly got dressed before I sat down between them. They cuddled into my sides immediately and I wrapped my arms around them protectively. I would never let anyone harm them. 

-

"Lukey, come on. It's movie night!" Eden was whinig over the phone and I sighed.

"I know, Ed, I know and I do want to come but-"

"No buts. Yan isn't gonna be a problem I swear to the Gods. Also you two finally need to realise that you should just be together and that's it. No ifs, no buts- well I'm guessing there's gonna be a lot of fine butts..."

"EDEN!" I exclaimed, blushing furiously. 

"Ya, ya. Just come over please? We have chocolate and pizza!" She paused as if thinking hard. "Gia is also very excited and she wants to see her favourite uncle." Oh she did not just go there. Knowing that I couldn't resist little Gia; she had played the final Ace. 

"You are the worst, Eddie." I groaned and she squealed in delight, rambling a see you in an hour and hung up on me. I dragged my hands over my face and sighed heavily. Movie Night was the last thing I needed, but it was a Friday and she insisted on the weekly get togethers. 

"I swear to the gods, she has to be pregnant. There is no way she can be this emotional over everything in a normal state of mind." 

-

"So, if you're from Africa, why are you white?" We burst out laughing and for a brief moment I forgot about the Alpha male sitting on the couch next to me, Lucifer and Eden all cuddled up on a one-seater, being dead cute and Gia curled up on the floor to their feet, almost asleep. Mean Girls was playing on the big screen in front of us and I could hear Lucifer whispering complaints into Eden’s ear. I had to admit that I was jealous of them; my wolf was howling inside my head and almost burst through at one point and attacked his mate, but if I did that he might not want us ever and that hurt more than not having what my best friend and her mate had right now. The movie kept playing but I found that I couldn’t concentrate on the plot, a certain warm body was constantly on my mind and his smell drifted towards me like the temptation of the devil himself. He smelt of the sandalwood and lemons, and I wished I could just bury my nose in his neck and hair and never ever leave his arms. 

-

Suddenly I felt Eden and Lucifer get up and leave. I looked over in question but judging by Eden’s giggles and Lucifer’s tugging her upstairs I did not want to get involved in anything they were about to do. I looked at the time and it was already midnight; I groaned and immediately felt a pair of eyes on me. I shuffled and wrung my hands in my lap.

“It’s midnight already, I’m gonna go to bed.” I yawned, but Kilyan didn’t say anything and just continued to stare at me. Getting up, I still just felt his stare and I snapped.

“What are you doing? Why do you do this to me? To us? We could be happy, Kilyan.” his eyes grew wide and I could sense his mixed emotions at my sudden outburst. “There is a war going on, we have better things to do than be a sissy about a thing like being gay. It’s not that bad you know? Or does it repulse you? Do I repulse you?” The last question came out as a whimper, as my wolf and I couldn’t deal with the thought of him being repulsed by us. Suddenly I was wrapped in a warm embrace and my skin grew hot wherever he touched me. I melted into his chest, feeling like I finally belonged somewhere, somewhere safe. One of his hands went through my hair and the soothing motion stopped my hyperventilating and I calmed down. His lemon smell rose up into my nose and I buried it deeper into his neck. My wolf finally took over and pulled away only to bring him in even closer and connecting our lips. I didn’t know what I expected, but I was still surprised when he kissed me back almost feverishly. Our lips moved in sync and I felt his tongue dart out asking permission for entrance, which I granted. My hands were travelling all over his body and I could feel his equally as prominent, leaving a hot trail of sparks wherever he touched me. I pulled away when I felt his hand on my butt and pressed my forehead to his, our breathing was laboured.

“I just don’t understand why…?” I started but Kilyan shushed me with a kiss. He pulled away quickly and then took a step back. My wolf howled inside and scratched at my resolve; I almost gave in. 

"Luke, I just-" But he was interrupted by a soft snore that suddenly rang out as if there was a bulldozer next to the house. I stared at Kilyan before I looked down and saw little Gia curled into a ball, fast asleep on the floor. I shook my head and bent down to pick her up. She turned towards me immediately and buried her face in my chest. Why had I done that? now it was even harder to be without him.

"Luke-" Kilyan tried again, but I didn't want to hear it anymore. I just couldn't. 

"Go to bed, Kilyan." I whispered and carried the sleeping fairy girl upstairs to her room. It was a very pretty room, big with a comfortable bed, a desk and a corner full of books and her drawing things. She had a collection of cuddly toys on a shelf along on of the walls and with a smile I tucked her into her bed.

"Goodnight, angel." I pressed a kiss to her forehead and left the room, to crash in one of the guestrooms. I didn't want to deal with Kilyan until the morning, he was exhausting me but I could feel my wolf grow weaker and weaker everyday that he wasn't by our side.