Prayers 1 Part 48

Start from the beginning

"No, it's her side," Coral answered as they hurried up the steps.

"Take her straight down the hallway here," the doctor instructed John B, "Damn! She's in worse shape than I am."

"That's not helping," Coral snapped as John B carried Sarah down the hallway.  

"They got her good is all I'm saying," Doctor Nygard said, "Put her up there on that table," he told John B pointing as he went to get some medical supplies, "Get her pants down," he called from the other room.

Unsnapping Sarah's shorts Coral pulled the zipper down allowing John B to pull the shorts away from the wound so the doctor could see it better.  

"Alright, get out of my way," the doctor said pushing Coral to the side as he prepared to put an iv in Sarah's arm, "This is gonna put you to sleep," he told her as he stuck a needle into her arm.

Once Sarah was out the doctor began prodding at her wound, "Is she gonna be okay?" John B questioned. 

"Well that remains to be seen," Nygard answered, "She appears to be bleeding from the inside which means I need to go in."

"But?" Coral asked hearing the doubt in the doctors voice.

"But she'll lose a lot more blood which could kill her, and I can't be held liable for that

"But she'll lose a lot more blood which could kill her, and I can't be held liable for that."

"No, you're not liable," John B told him, "Just do what you can," he pleaded.

"Well there's one more thing.  Job like this costs 4K," Nygard said looking at John B and Coral. 

"Yeah, yeah, Coral," John B said looking at her.  Nodding she pulled the melted bars from his bookbag, "This is all we got," she told the doctor.

Taking the gold lump he furrowed his brow, "You're shittin me," he said looking at the gold.  Placing it down on the table he picked up his scalpel, "Lets get to work."

Knowing what was coming next Coral lowered herself into a nearby chair and prayed that Sarah would make it through. 

She must've fallen asleep because the next thing she heard was her brother yelling for the doctor.  Sitting up quickly Coral watched wide eyed as Doctor Nygard came rushing into the room.

Checking the monitor that Sarah was hooked to he swore, "Shit, she's already had to much fluids.  She should be waking up," he told John B, "Hold on.  I have to find something," he said before hurrying out of the room.

Standing Coral walked closer stopping when she heard Sarah whisper her brother's name. 

"Hey sleepyhead," John B said pushing Sarah's hair off her face.

"John B, I can't feel anything," Sarah whispered. 

"No, you're okay.  Just listen to me."

"If I don't make it," Sarah continued as John B shook his head.  "Don't talk like that.  We're gonna leave this creepy doctors office and you're gonna be fine," he assured her.