𝒌𝒐𝒊 𝒏𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒌𝒂𝒏

koi no yokan.
travel au
akamatsu kaede/ saihara shuichi

travel auakamatsu kaede/ saihara shuichi

"maybe he's just running late?"

small snowflakes fall from the sky onto kaede akamatsu hood of her coat, as she stood outside of the Tokyo train station. In the weeks before she invited her classmate and friend shuichi saihara onto her trip into the city of Shibuya. a small one, but she had heard that it was a pretty popular place to go to, and since it was the beginning of her winter break kaede thought it was a good time to visit the famous city.

after a few more restless minutes of fidgeting and talking to herself kaede felt a tap on her shoulder. she turned her neck over to him and flashed him a soft smile, she came closed to his ear and whispered "good morning shuichi". he scratched the back of his head and he gave her a puzzled look "why are you whispering?", "well I wouldn't want to have your name out there just to have someone come kill an ideal detective" she smiled, the same smile that make his heart flutter. shuichi turned his head in embarrassment, "I wouldn't say ideal...". he trailed off his statement as the train came towards the station.

the seats of the train were like all of the ones kaede's been on. grey with a handle on the side of it. she sat down in the first one she saw, and motioned shuichi to sit beside her. at this point he was in a panic, he was sitting not so much of an inch away from the girls he's been crushing on since the beginning of high school and now he's going out into the city with her. how lucky could he get? "so, what are we doing today?" he mustered out, kaede was surprised at his sudden start of conversation "oh, uh, i thought it would be nice if we just go out for dessert to this small cafe i go to, i've been wanting to go there for a while but never had anyone else to go. that's why i asked you to come" she grinned. shuichis face was a light shade of pink and his eyes shifted around the room. he didn't think she would've cared that much about him to bring him all the way to a small cafe in shibuya.

they sat in an utter silence, only hearing the background noises of people on the train. until shuichi heard a ping from his phone. it was a text from kaede, he took a small glance at her and swiped to read what she had sent. it was a picture of him, she probably took it while he were on his phone. quickly, he turned over to her snickering as he noticed what she sent him. "shu , ...your-your face..." was the only thing she could get out as shuichi quickly took out his phone and snapped various pictures of kaede and kaede giggling at every picture she'd got of him. now they both toppled over, smiling and laughing at each other's blurry pictures.

as their laughter died down the train came to their station and a plethora of people came rushing out. as for someone who's been through this before, shuichi knew if he didn't keep kaede close to him they would get lost in a crowd of busy people. so in the heat of the moment shuichi grabbed kaedes hand (and fought a rush of heat to his cheeks) and pushed through the crowd of people.

once he knew he had gotten away from the station he turned to kaede to apologize for the sudden action, "ah, sorry for y'know yanking you. i should've, um, asked before grabbing you so suddenly" he apologized as he pulls his hat down in embarrassment.  she looked at him, "no, i think it was a smart idea to stick together and not get lost. jeez, i didn't even think of that" kaede smiled softly, as she slowly started to walk of 'till she noticed shuichi still were holding her hand. quickly, shuichi noticed and backed away feeling a sort of heat to his face as he stuttered out, "right, s-sorry". at that point, none of them knew weather to start up another conversation or to just remain silent for the whole time.

as they started to walk off to the cafe, kaede couldn't help but sneak glances at shuichi. everything felt more awkward whilst their silence increased. all of the small stores around them were decorated from head to toe with nice soft lights and windows from houses, showing people starting to open their presents. there was a sudden chill that shuichi felt as the cold air blew, he shivered from the cold. kaede turned her head to him and with no hesitation pulled off her white scarf and putting it on the shivering boy. she gave him an warm smile, a familiar one that he always saw from her.

moments later as they walked through the plethora of snow on the sidewalk, they'd finally reached the small cafe. it had nice, warm lights and colors of lemonade pink and mauve painted on the walls. the inside was decorated head to toe with holiday decorations and little dessert pastries. it truly was something she would've liked.

the door open with a ring. once they sat down, a waitress handed them a small menu with a variety of beverages and pastries. as shuichi raised his head to get an exact look of the place, he noticed her white ribbon in her hair, loose. he tries to reach for it and show it to her, but she turned her head as the waitress came over to their table. maybe he'll just leave it be. once they ordered they were left in a silence until he had a question in mind, "you must come over here often,  it seems like somewhere you'd like", she smiled as she replied "yeah it is and i thought if i brought one of my favorite person here that it would like it more". A blush creeps up her face as she realizes what she's just said, "WAIT I DIDNT MEAN IT LIKE THAT!" she shouted, but shuichi was already very red. they remain silent, whilst their orders arrive.

once they're out of the restaurant, kaede sighs in defeat as this was a failed mission to spend time with him and mutters her goodbyes as she starts to walk off to the train station, until she hears shuichi run up to her. "Wait!" he shouts, as he reaches up to hair to re-tie her white bow, that is hanging off of her hair. Once he is finished he turns to her and he feels a small peck on his cheek as the girl he longs for grins and yells out a heart felt "Love you!", as she runs off to the train station in the distance. he feels his cheek, he to stunned to yell anything back and whispers a "love you too.." with a small smile. maybe, just maybe, Christmas this year wasn't going to be that bad for shuichi.

word count : 1,199

🎉 You've finished reading 𝒌𝒐𝒊 𝒏𝒐 𝒚𝒂𝒌𝒂𝒏 , 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐬𝐮 🎉