Chapter three

"Oh yeah? Then why did I find you in a detention room if you're so grown up as you say? Don't tell me you hit Sebastian again" mom asked

"Huh? No mom, I didn't hit him. It was an accident." I tried to look at the driver of the car but mom turned left before I could and parked in our garage.

"See you tomorrow Sebastian," I said getting out of the car.

"You're not gonna invite your friend in? You guys can play games and I'll get you some snacks" She said sounding like she was asking my opinion where in fact, she was ordering me to do so.

Making the two of us friends is obviously on the top of her wish list.

"Alright, fine!" I said. We walked to my bedroom and he stared in awe at the walls. Dad had come a week ago and we'd redecorated the room.

"Oh my god! Your room got so big!" he exclaimed.

"Just don't touch anything while I go shower" I said and got in the bathroom.

When I got out of the bathroom, I saw him sitting on the floor and writing something on a notebook. "I didn't say you can't sit on the sofa I just said don't touch anything," I said. "Oh okay," he said and got up. Then mom came to the room holding chips in a bowl, sweets, and eyeglasses.

"What's that for?" I asked as she placed the snacks on the table.

"Those are eyeglasses for Sebastian, his glass is broken," she said and gave them to him.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Gibson" he smiled

"You're welcome Sebastian" She then got up to leave but then turned back and said, "And if there is anything you need, feel free to ask me" then went out and closed the door.

"Whoa! These are cool" He said looking at his new glasses.

"Whatever" I mumbled and turned on the TV sitting on my bed.

"What is that?" he said munching on the chips.

"It's PlayStation. Dad bought it to me for Christmas" I said

"I wish I had one like it, can I play with you?" he said,

"Absolutely not!" I replied. "You'll ruin it!"

"Oh...okay I'll just watch you play" he sounded disappointed. "But I also got comic books for Christmas," he said

"Comic books" I scoffed, "I bet your mom found them on the streets too".

His face got red. "Don't say that George! She bought it for me. And she told me she never found me on the streets as Mike says. She is my mom okay? My real mom" 

"Okay okay. Calm down, dude!" I said. He sat there wiping his tears and we both sat quietly. i kind of felt bad about what I said so I offered him one of the controllers.

"You want to play?" I asked surprising both of us

"Really?" he asked wiping his tears.

"yeah! Come on, first, you have to know how the controller works..." it's official. I've lost my mind

After three rounds of playing together, it was time for him to go even though mom would be thrilled for us to play all night.

"Finally" I sighed. "I wish he never comes here again". I don't know what I was thinking when I let him play. My friends are gonna kill me if they knew about it.

The next morning, I woke up and it was just me in the house, my dad was in Canada for work and mom... Well, I don't really know where she goes most of the time, but I am sure she is shopping somewhere.

She just hates to stay in the house and sometimes, in the country.

My grandma told me that mom had gone to Australia for a vacation leaving me with her when I was only 5 months old.

She even stayed there for a year. She says she'll travel the world once my dad gets home. Grandma said it was because they lived on the road when mom was a kid.

I then went to the kitchen and got the cereal and milk. then I smiled at the box on the counter.

Well, At least she made my lunch box before she went.

After I ate breakfast and was wearing my uniform, I saw the notebook Sebastian was writing on in my room.

I picked it up and opened it to see an unbelievably cool drawing of me "whoa!" I couldn't believe he drew this.

I turned the page and there were more drawings of me, himself, Mike, Alex...

But the interesting thing was, that he drew us hugging him and smiling, playing football with him... and there was even a drawing of me and him making fistbumps and all. I was
amazed.

Then the guilt flooded me one more time. I've been mean to him while he did nothing to me. First, I just hit him in front of Alex and Mike but then it became a habit.
-------

I walked to Sebastian's house to give him the notebook. But nobody opened it when I knocked on the door. He must have gone to school.

But I am never going to go to school holding his notebook. So I went to their treehouse to put the notebook inside, and to my surprise, I saw Sebastian in there.

he was sleeping, hugging himself, he looked cold

"Hey Sebastian, wake up!" I said shaking him slightly.

he woke up, looking surprised to see me. then he yawned and said

"Oh, hey George, good morning!"

"Wait, so you sleep here?" I asked confused, "oh no, it's just that..." he stretched out and continued, "Apparently, my mom had come here yesterday while I was at your place and locked the house then took both keys," He said.

It doesn't seem like this is the first time this happened I thought,

"So... Anyways, see ya at school," I said, putting the notebook under his bag

"Okay then, goodbye George, thanks for waking me up!" He smiled. I saw something move between the trees behind his house from the window and i stood up to check, but nothing was there, weird

I climbed down the tree house and walked to school. Thinking of the notebook and Sebastian, I walked to cross the road but a car came speeding and almost hit me but screeched to a halt

I froze. The driver then climbed out of the car and came to me.

"Are you okay?" the woman said then stopped talking. She stared at me then said "I am so sorry I... I... "

"I am okay," I said and run to school. This time looking twice for coming cars, and suddenly feeling like something was about to go... very very wrong.