CHAPTER 2 - APOLOGIES AND INTRODUCTIONS

"Marinette? Has anyone seen Marinette?" Ms. Bustier called out to the class. At that moment Marinette stumbled through the door, "Here, I'm here" she panted as she took her seat next to her BFF Alya.

"Girl, would it kill you to be on time for once?" Alya said jokingly.

"Hahaha very funny" Marinette said sarcastically

"Is Adrien still not back, it's been like 3 weeks?" Marinette asked because the perfect blonde model who usually sat in front of her wasn't there.

"He's still in Berlin but apparently he'll be back later this week, so no worries you can stalk him instead of confessing your feelings to him then."

"I will tell him Alya, but he's been distant from me for some reason and when I tell him, it has to be perfect, it has to be more than perfect otherwise-"

"Yeah, yeah, I know the sparks won't fly, you won't kiss then you'll never have you're three kids and a hamster named whatever, but you might want to do it soon after all remember he is a model and like half of Paris is in love with him."

"I know and I will do it, soon" she says unconvincingly.

"Class I have an announcement" she cleared her throat, and everyone turned round to face her "we have a new student joining us today" A boy came into the classroom and stood at the front awkwardly. He had dark, thick, unruly wavy hair, calmly observant eyes, slightly covered by his round glasses and he had on jeans, a stained white t-shirt, and a brown cardigan (to attempt to cover the stain).

"Hey, I'm Austin" He sounded almost apologetic.

Marinette's jaw fell open. Coffee guy from earlier was her new classmate.

"Austin why don't you tell the class a bit about yourself?" Ms Bustier suggested

"Okay, my names Austin DeVont, I moved here from London about two weeks ago, I like to paint, write, play music, that sorta stuff."

"Very nice Austin, I'm sure everyone here well make you feel very welcome at Françoise Dupont High School, in fact Marinette, Marinette?"

It was at this point Marinette realised that she'd been staring at Austin.

"Yes, sorry Ms Bustier"

"I was saying that you should show Austin around you know help him find his way."

"Definitely, that would be great." But her tone didn't match her words as she sarcastically smiled at him.

"Good, now Austin you can take a seat in the front row- "

"But that's where Adrien sits" Nino interrupted.

"Yes, Nino I am aware it's just while the chair at the back is broken and Adrien's away."

"Oh, okay then."

*RING*

Everyone quickly packed their stuff and went off to lunch.

"Are you coming?" Alya asked

Marinette scoffed

"I wish I could, but I have to go babysit the new guy, remember"

"He's cute, why are so pissed about him, you don't even know him?"

"Remember the dickhead coffee guy I told you about?"

Alya nodded.

"That's him."

"That's dickhead coffee guy?"

"Yup."

"Well maybe give him a chance to explain himself, I mean first day at a new school must be scary and stressful, plus he's like crazy cute"

Marinette rolled her eyes.

"Fine, I'll be nice."

Alya left to go find Nino and Marinette was left to face the worst person in the world (apart from maybe Lila or Hawkmoth, ok so it was kind if an exaggeration). She waited for him to finish talking to Nathaniel and then walked to the front of the class and tapped him on the shoulder, he turned around.

"Hey, I'm supposed to show you around today." She studied his face, Alya was right he was cute.

"Oh, hey, Marinette was it?"

"Yeah"

Marinette blushed he remembered my name she thought no Marinette stop it this guy was a dick and anyways there's Adrien.

"Look about this morning- "

"About this morning- "

They laughed.

"You go first"

"I'm sorry I was such a dickhead I was just stressed you know first day of a new school, in a new country, but that's no excuse you were right I don't know you but I'm hoping I can try to get to know you now."

"I'm sorry too and I'll warn you a crucial fact about me is my mega ultra-clumsiness."

"Noted."

"Let's just start over shall we, Hi I'm Marinette"

"I'm Austin."

"Nice to meet you Austin, so could I interest you in a tour around the school?"

"Actually yes, that would be good, klutz."

"Seriously." Marinette looked straight at him

"Well, I mean you spilt my coffee on me and admitted to being clumsy so yes, klutz will do nicely."

"Shut up."

They smiled at each other and walked down toward the cafeteria.