𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 11.

A bloater.

He was stumbling across the hallway right at them.

"Kayla!" He threw her the inflammable bottle since she was the closest to him. She threw it at him as he lit up on fire. Joel threw another one at him and walked closer, taking out a shotgun to finish him off.

"I gotta say I feel kind of safe walking with you two." Bill declared thinking it was funny but at this moment Joel was pretty furious about the missing battery.

"Let's just go." Joel grunted as they continued running to finally get the hell out of there. In front of the school was a house so they went inside, closing the sliding glass door behind them.

"So that worked out well." Makayla declared ironically gaining an angry look from Joel.

"Bill?!" Joel turned to Bill.

"Somebody had the same idea they stole my shit."

"Well then what the hell is plan B?!" Joel stepped closer and than back, pacing around full of frustration.

"You ought to be thankful you're still drawing breath! That was plan A B C all way to fucking Z. And furthermore tell Tess that she can take this job-"

"Don't you bring Tess into this!" Joel stepped dangerously close to Bill, pointing at him with his finger as a warning and for a split second Makayla really thought they'd start fighting then and there.

They were screaming into each other's faces before Bill went quiet. Staring behind Joel, making him turn around. Makayla looked up and froze too.

There was a dead body, hanging.

"Jesus." Joel said, looking the body up and down before looking back at Bill who was still hypnotized by it.

"What you know this guy or sum'?!" Joel's voice was still bitter.

"Frank."

Joel frowned, waving his arm in the air, too frustrated with Bill already, "Who the hell's Frank?"

"He was my partner." Bill said making Joel calm down. He now felt Bill's pain. Makayla looked down and walked backwards, dissapearing to let Bill have his moment.

"He's the only idiot that would wear a shirt like that." Bill walked closer to the body and cut the rope, letting it fall down.

"He's got bites. Here and here." Bill pointed at them with his machette. His voice was breaking as if he was about to cry. Joel stayed behind, absorbing the situation in silence. 
He felt bad for him.

"I reckon he didn't wanna turn so he.." Joel started,

"Yeah. I gues not. Well fuck him."

The sound of a car starting suddenly echoed through the house. Bill and Joel turned around at the same tame only to see the door of the garage open and Makayla was sitting there in a car trying to get it started.