Bucky did in fact, get a standing ovation but no one stood on tables. You had to admit though, it would
have been pretty funny if they did.

"So how does it feel to be married?" You asked your friends with a grin on your face.

"Amazing." Nat answered, clutching onto Steve's arm and resting her head on his shoulder.

"Best day of my life." Steve replied.

"You guys are so cute." You smiled, "you better make your first child Y/N, though."

"Mhm, no promises." Nat laughed.

"Maybe a middle name." Steve whispered as he and Nat walked to talk to another few of their friends.

"Your speech was better than mine." You said as you sat next to the all familiar chestnut coloured hair man.

"I think I have to agree." He replied, turning to you with a grin.

You laughed and shook your head, eying the beer bottle sitting in front of him. You grabbed it and took a sip of your own out of it.

"Hey! That's mine." He exclaimed, snatching it off of you.

"Sharing is caring."

"If you wanted to make out with me so badly you could have just asked." He said with a sly smirk.

"I'd rather stick pins in my eyes, Barnes." You said standing up and patting him on the back.

"Mom!"

"Hey honey! You look beautiful." Your mother smiled as you bent down to hug her from her wheelchair again.

"Thanks mom." You grinned, "You look amazing too, both of you."

"Your mom wouldn't let me wear one of my signature pineapple shirts today, said I should make myself presentable with a suit and tie." Your dad chuckled, showing off his outfit.

Your mom looked so happy to be here, you hadn't seen her this happy in a while. And as cringe as it sounds, seeing her happy made you happy.

"Hey, Y/N Steve needs-"

Of course he had to ruin your family moment.

"Oh, hello sir, I don't think we've met yet." Your mom said reaching out for Buckys hand to shake it.

"Lovely to meet you. ma'am. I'm Bucky- Y/Ns boyfriend."

Bucky turned to you and flashed a smirk of pure evil.

Yes, evil.

Your face dropped and you squeezed your eyes shut in an attempt to not slap him on the face right there and then. The only thing stopping you was the way your moms face lit up when she heard you had a boyfriend. She knew if you were dating then you were happy and she just wanted you to be happy.

And the happiness you had seen on her face... She looked so proud, you couldn't take that away from her just yet.

"Uh, yeah. Bucky is my boyfriend." You forced a fake smile as those words came out of your mouth.