We got a couple days off from school and I was hanging out with Ricky, he said something about his parents arguing and wanted to get away, we were in the living room watching the news on Captain Power, he was laying on my chest and I had my arm wrapped around him.

Not gonna lie, I felt bad for Ricky, usually, his parents never fought, which always made him one of the happiest people I know. He was basically light, when darkness would try to take over, he would always come by and stop it. But lately, he's been kinda upset because of his parents, I hope they stop soon, I hate seeing him like this.

"Do you think we'll ever get to meet him?" I ask him. "Captain Power?" Ricky just shrugs. "I wish he came to my birthday party" he chuckles. We watch the TV as Captain Power flew away, he saved the day again, some evil villain tried to destroy a building by throwing a bunch of boulders, he stopped all, but one.

A while later, my dad walks in, he looked like his arm was really hurt. He was bleeding. "Dad, are you okay?" I ask, Ricky's head jumps off my chest and we both get up, helping my dad to the couch, but being careful not to touch his arm. "Yeah, were you boys watching the news?" he asks, and we both nod. "Well, the boulder that Captain Power didn't stop crashed on him, and hit my arm."

A scared look forms on my face. "I'll get you an ice pack!" Ricky rushes to my kitchen making an ice pack. "Are you sure your ok?" I ask, my voice shaking, my dad used his other arm and brought me to his lap. "Son" he starts. "Sometimes people get hurt, a little hurt, very hurt, but what matters is that they always jump back up and are ready to fight again. That's me, I will always jump back up, and pretty soon, you'll jump back up too."

He pulls me in and gives me a big hug, and a few tears ran down my cheek. "I just don't wanna lose you," I say, my voice cracking again. "You won't, son," he rubs the back of my head. "I will always be here for you, I promise."

What I didn't notice is that Ricky walked into the room and we both turn back at him, his eyes became filled with water as his head fell down. "Um, I'm sorry, I can come back later" Ricky was about to walk out, not before giving my dad the ice pack.

Why was he about to cry? Did dad and I make him feel sad cause of his parents? Now I feel mega sorry for him. I shake my head out of my thoughts and grab his arm. "No, Rick, it's fine, you said you wanted to get away, you can stay with us as long as you want."

"You're always welcomed here, Ricky" my dad patted Ricky's back and he sat down right beside me, Ricky again rested his head on my chest and I wrap my arm around him.

"Your a great friend, Eej" my dad whispers to me, making me smile.

____________________________________________________________

EJ - (14 years old)

I was watching TV, Captain Power was flying into a building, a couple of agents stormed the building with guns and snipers, I was scared for the people that worked in that building but excited that I get to see Captain Power in action. "Hey Ash, come on, you're missing it!!" I shout at Ashlyn, she went off and said she'll be back in a minute.

Ash quickly runs down and sits on the couch next to me with popcorn, she's dramatic, but still the best. "What did I miss?" she asks and I start to explain. "A couple of agents from a terrorist organization placed a bomb in the building, and The Emerald Fire and Captain Power just flew in to stop it."

"So cool!" Ash smiles. But the smiles on our faces were soon wiped out as a big flash and fire popped out of the building, it started crumbling down, and we heard the screams from the people on the TV, even the guy who was holding the camera started to run.