Part 10: sacrifice

You're woken up by tzekel-kan poping his head over the three of you "good morning my lords!"
All of you are startled by this and scream, tzekel-kan leaves and you three look at one another.

You notice you've been sleeping on Tulios arm and his other one was around your waist. You jump up before he could say anything.
"He's back" whispers Miguel. Tulio just groans in response.
"Why are we in this carriage thing-" you ask but both of the boys jump out.

"THE GODS HAVE AWAKENED!" Tzekel-kan screams as you leave the carriage. You and the boys try to look professional, and not like you just woke up.

Chel is throwing pedals around you guys "hey chel what's going on?" Whispers tulio
"This is not gonna be good" she responds.
"Oh thank you" says tulio sarcastically.

"THIS CITY HAS BEEN GRANTED A GREAT BLESSING AND WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO SHOW OUR GRATITUDE? A MEGAR CELEBRATION, THE GODS DESERVE A PROPER TRIBUTE!!" Tzekel-kan yells out when some servants bring out a big bag on a golden plater.

The three of you exchange an excited look.
"BEGINNING OF A NEW ERA, DAWN OF A NEW AGE DEMANDS SACRIFICE!!"
As tzekel-kan says this he uses his magic to open the bag to reveal a man who is tied up.

Everyone gasps in worry over this. Tzekel-kan puts his hand over the man to make him get up.
"I don't like this" Tulio says angrily.
"He can't be serious-" you add.
"Guys we've got to do something" Miguel whispers to both of you

Tzekel-kan pushes the man forward over the ledge, he lifts up his sword and is about to push the man into the water when all three of you call out.
"STOP!" You all walk over to tzekel-kan. You grab the man as he falls into your arms.
"This is not a proper tribute!" Says tulio to tzekel-kan.

"You do not want the tribute?" Questions tzekel-kan.
"No no w-we want tribute it's just that Um-tulio tell him" you say while taking the man away.
Tulio gives you a glare "the stars are not in position!" Tulio says to tzekel-kan.
"Like he says. Stars.can't do it.not today." Miguel says.

Tzekel-kan shows a worried expression. "Ah but it's possible perhaps I misread the heavens" he says bowing to tulio.
"Don't worry about it" Miguel says

"My lords, may the people of El dorado offer you our tribute" asks the chief as a few woman bring out a plater with a bunch of gold. You three are amazed at the view.

"My lords, does this please you" the chief asks with even more gold.
"Yes very nice um, certainly it'll do" Miguel says.
"Yes it'll do" tulio adds.
"Yes this is quite good" you finish.

"The gods have chosen! To xibalba?" The chief asks. The three of you exchange a look before quickly yelling out,
"TO XIBALBA" you throw your hands up, chel tries to warn you but fails.

The women walk up to you with the gold and you watch as they throw it all into the water below.
You turn in disbelief before chel walks up to you,
"Hey um chel, what are they doing?" Miguel asks.
Chel crosses her arms and says "they're sending it to xibalba the spirit world".

"The spirit world..." tulio says quietly,
"No our gold" you say as you fall to your knees.
"I'll take care of it" chel tells you then walks off.

"Excuse me cheif the gods have changed their minds about xibalba they wish to bask in the reverence that has been shown to them" chel quietly informs the cheif.

"STOP!!!" Yells out the cheif "THEY WISH TO BASK, TAKE THE TRIBUTE TO THE GODS TEMPLE" the women take the gold away.

"You're good" whispers tulio to chel as the three of you walk away happy with your gold.

*time skip*

You three are inside the carriage celebrating all the gold you're getting, people are carrying you and even the city is celebrating. Watching you being carried and pedals being thrown everywhere.