Hanako

POV-(Y/n):

     We walked down the long snow-covered backroads, the girl named Hanako and I. She kept a steady and quick pace that I kept up with as I analyzed the surrounding areas. This way I wouldn't have to stop and ask directions to anyone else. I got lucky that Nezuko was so kind to give me a guide.

     Hanako: (Y/n)?

     (Y/n): Yes?

     Hanako: Why do you travel all by yourself? Doesn't it get lonely?

     I couldn't help but smile at the girl's question. She had so much energy and was so curious about things outside of the norm of her country. This was a nice surprise considering she was so timid and scared when telling me about the Lothric Knight earlier.

     (Y/n): Of course it gets lonely sometimes, but I don't mind it too much.

Hanako: Why?

(Y/n): It stays peaceful, and allows me to stay focused on the task at hand. Plus I can hone my skills without fear of them hurting others but that's besides the point.

Hanako: You must be really strong and brave to go all over the world on your own.

(Y/n): Haha most consider me foolish for that, but thank you Hanako. You're very kind.

     Hanako: So...are scary people like that metal man and his friends common where you're from?

     (Y/n): The ones in rags like you saw, yes. The black robed ones are rarer, the knight well...they aren't too rare but mainly stay at their posts.

     Hanako: You must have really made them mad if they came here after you.

     (Y/n): Yeah...something like that.

     I didn't intend to worry her with my response, but it seemed to have done just that. She now had a somber look on her face as we walked, looking at the snowy ground. She reached up and grabbed my sleeve, tugging on it lightly. We both stopped walking for the time being. She looked up at me, worried.

     Hanako: They...They won't hurt you will they?

     I smiled at the girl's concern and lightly patted her head; taking a knee to get on eye level with her just as I had at the house.

     (Y/n): They'll certainly try, but I wont let them. You don't need to worry about me Hanako, I'll be alright. You have a wonderful family to worry about instead of me.

     This seemed to cheer the girl up as she smiled and her face brightened back up. I stood back up and we continued walking on our way to the village.

     Hanako: I can't help but worry about you! You're the first nice outlander to travel through.

(Y/n): I certainly hope others aren't as rough as the knight.

Hanako: Not that bad, but most are just boring and give mean looks.

(Y/n): I'm sorry to hear that, you're family was so kind to me after all.

Hanako: We try to be kind and welcoming, but times are scary. Especially this time of year where bandits are everywhere looking for a house to pillage.

(Y/n): Do you have an issue with bandits and reavers?

     Hanako: Not much, the town is hidden away enough by the mountains and even if they do find it...the things in the hills normally keep them away.

     (Y/n): Things in the hills?

     Hanako: D-Daddy always told us to never go into the hills because there's m-monsters there that eat p-people.