🍐𝐁𝐚𝐣𝐢 𝐊𝐞𝐢𝐬𝐮𝐤𝐞

Start from the beginning

If only things went according to plan...

Soon, you heard people yelling from a distance and you turned to see what was happening, never expecting to witness something quite like that.

Everything happened way too quickly. From Baji hitting Kisaki and Chifuyu along with Takemichi trying to stop him from getting hurt... to Kazutora stabbing him from behind and then Mikey beating the crap out of him.

Kazutora was bloodied, on the ground, with Mikey sitting on him.

Eventually, Baji yelled to Mikey, attempting to stop him from literally killing Kazutora.

"Thanks for getting all mad for me, dude. But this wound ain't gonna kill me."

You were petrified. It wouldn't kill him? But it seemed enough to make him bleed out.

What was he saying?

"Kazutora, you won't be the one to kill me." he continued.

Then, everything happened in a flash, but it surely seemed like it was moving in slow-motion.

Baji pulled out the knife that Kazutora had stuck on his back and plunged it to his abdomen, with both his hands. He coughed blood and fell down to the ground.

Chifuyu and Takemichi went over to his side, abandoning their previous places. You ran there, temporarily forgetting you were supposed to be fighting.

You observed from a distance. You didn't want to intrude in such a moment, when you were preparing yourself for the worst. But at the same time, your heart was threatening to jump out of your chest.

Chifuyu yelling as he cried his eyes out, telling Baji not to die and Takemichi joining him. They were absolutely devastated. And who could blame them? After all, you were fairly sure you were absolutely broken yourself.

You felt tears rolling down your cheeks. This couldn't be true. Baji wouldn't die, would he?

Your brain couldn't process it.

He would come back to Toman and fight with everyone again. Because he never betrayed them. He tried to uncover Kisaki's scheme and protect Kazutora.

The only thing he wanted was for the founders of Toman to be together. Because they were his treasure. And he couldn't bear Mikey killing Kazutora or the latter feeling guilty for his death.

So he thought he could only make this come true by his death. Which would ultimately be caused by him. In front of everyone, too.

That was the only, rather desperate solution, to make sure that his favorite people would stay together.

And perhaps... Kazutora would see it too and would stop feeling guilty for everything that happened...

If only things had gone that way.

"Mikey and Toman. I leave them to you, Takemichi." you heard Baji say.

Then he whispered something to Chifuyu and closed his eyes.

You heard a hollow voice letting out a heart-wrenching scream, only to realize it was a mix of you, Takemichi, Chifuyu and some others, screaming and crying.

Baji Keisuke, the 1st division captain of Toman, had passed away.

You ran over to him, not being able to believe what you had just witnessed. Baji was a friend to you. A good and precious one. You were so sad when you thought he betrayed Toman, even though, deep down, you knew he didn't. He loved the gang and its people too much to do that.

But now, you couldn't believe you would never see him laugh or tease the guys again. He'd never ride a bike again nor fight.

He'd never listen to you talk and give you advice.

He was gone.

For real. And he wasn't coming back.

Hot tears streamed down and fell on him. You tried to hug him out of shock, but Hakkai put his arms under your armpits and took you away.

He knew you couldn't take the sight of your friend's body lying lifeless on the ground.

And so, he called his sister and took you home.

You barely heard Mikey trying to end the fight, being the emotional wreck you were.

Later on, everyone went home.

The dispute between the two gangs had finally ended.

You only heard what happened next from Hakkai, who came and stayed with you, to comfort you.

"The battle ended with Toman victorious. One was dead and one got arrested."

He told you that Kazutora, not being able to take the guilt, decided to stay back and take responsibility for Baji's death. It landed him ten years in prison.

But you couldn't hear a thing. You weren't focusing.

If anything, you had occupied the guest room in Hakkai's and Yuzuha's house and had locked yourself inside.

You refused to go out, even eat for a while.

The Shiba siblings were concerned about you, but stayed by your side the whole time, supporting you how they could, until you felt more ready to come out.

Baji might have passed away, but he'd always live in everyone's hearts for the years to come. He wasn't truly dead, as long as he wasn't forgotten.

And you were sure he would always have a place in Toman's heart. And, sure as hell, he'd have one in yours.

You were certain of one thing though. As long as you had your friends to support you, you'd be fine. And you'd have to be there for Chifuyu who was the closest to Baji.

He was the one hurting the most.

Everyone needs someone in hard times.

And you were going to heal and get better with time. All of you. Without ever forgetting him, who he was to you or what he did.

All in due time.

Together with everyone.

A/N: hey ppl!! that's my first attempt to write angst after a long time, so do tell me what you think

and before i go, i wanted you to comment pet names you like, so i can use them in further chapters. they can be ones i've already used, or not.

that's all for now, folks~