Chapter 2:

You rubbed your eyes and tried to focus on the board. Multiple measurements and ingredients were sprawled across it in messy handwriting. Your head throbbed with each glance you gave it.

Just think of it like a weird cake?

You hummed and attempted to focus again. It was a little easier now that you thought of pastries, but not by much. You tore your gaze away and scanned the room, trying to name off students. When you came up short, you turned back to the teacher.

She held a sweet smile as she looked over her papers.

"Alright! According to the school board and directors, we need to have at least 2 major projects, so as your oh so gracious teacher, I've decided to put them into one project."

She turned behind her to put a few pictures on the screen.

"This year's project will be to actually cook....You and a partner-"

Clawd and Deuce shared eye contact. So did Draculaura and Clawdeen, Frankie and a normie kid who's name you didn't know, and a few other sets of students.

"-of my choosing will create a meal. It will have an appetizer, an entree, and a dessert."

She dug in a box filled with names and pulled 2 out.

You spaced out for the majority of the name calling until your name was shouted out.

"(Y/N) (L/N) and Deuce Gorgon."

Your eyes widened.

Oh, I haven't talked to him...this is gonna be awkward.

Eventually everyone had been partnered up. You stayed in your seat, not wanting to go and meet Deuce just yet. As if the universe was designed to spite specifically you, Deuce hopped in the seat beside you.

"Hey there, partner." He hummed.

You gave a grin and moved your hair from your eyes. "Hey..."

He gave you a sweet smile before pulling his iCoffin out. You did the same.

"Here, give me your Ghostchat." He said. You took his phone and put in your user before adding yourself.

"So what's our move?"

You cringed at your inability to speak and awkward tendencies. Deuce didn't seem to mind, however, and it made you cringe at yourself even more.

"Um, I don't know." You admitted. "I can't cook, I can only bake."

"Same thing, right?" He feigned innocence.

"No..." You chuckled.

He nodded his head. "Honestly, I can't bake, I can only cook."

You smiled. "Good, then this'll be easy."

He nodded and flashed you a charming smile. "Hell yeah."

💚💚💚💚💚Deuce P.O.V💚💚💚💚💚

Damn. I can't believe I admitted that shit to her...

But she seems so trustworthy. Not my fault, it's hers for giving me that look.

What look?

The 'look'. Y'know, the look where I can tell her anything? The look where she's super cute and sweet like a puppy?

My mind scribbled itself out as I looked back at her. She differed from Cleo completely with just her personality. She didn't seem to swoon over me either, which was a major change of scenery.

Even Frankie liked me.

I gave a half hearted smile at the realization that she was more interested in humans over monsters.

Rude.

I can be a hot human.

I looked over at her again, watching her scribble down some fancy dessert name. She wrote down many and then wrote the definitions of them and what they are. Then, she highlighted main characteristics of them.

So she's one of those expert note takers, huh?

I looked back at Clawd, who struggled to get along with one of the weird boys from the back of the class. I stifled a smile at his irritation. It was obvious that we were way ahead of him, and it brought a victorious smirk to my face.

She handed me the paper and smiled at me.

"Here." She hummed. "Choose something to cook based on these desserts. Don't worry about dessert quality, I can do it!"

I chuckled. "Alright! Bet!"

She gave me a toothy grin. I returned it, feeling much more at ease at the simple gesture.

She's really sweet...

Much different than Cleo.