Everyone else raised their cups and repeated him, taking large gulps and breaking into ridiculously loud laughter. 

'Do y'all think we're gonna be friends when we're older?' Pope asked after a few more drinks. Everyone nodded, Maelynn included. 'You should stick with us, Maelynn. You're fun.'

'Aww, thanks Pope. You're so sweet.'

JJ looked at her curiously. 'You know, for someone with access to such fancy alcohol, I think you're a bit of a lightweight.'

'Why?'

'You're already slurring your words.'

Maelynn grinned. 'Oh. Fair. Maybe I should just stay here, if you'll let me, John B.'

He nodded. 'Of course. JJ, you're being demoted to the couch.'

'He can sleep in the bed with me!' Maelynn protested loudly. JJ shushed her softly. 

'You're drunk. I'm not sharing a bed with you unless you're in your right mind and tell me explicitly that you want me there. The couch will suffice for one night.'

She pouted but complied. 'I'm gonna text Sarah and tell her I won't be home until tomorrow. Be right back.'

mei-mei
asvemture is jrunnign late
wont ne hobe untol tomoreow
lobe u

sarah beara
be safe maelynn

mei-mei
u got ot

sarah beara
love u too btw

mei-mei
i lnew it

'Sarah is informed of my whereabouts and reassured I'll be home in the morning,' she announced a few minutes later, putting her phone in her pocket. 'I'm gonna head in if that's okay with y'all.'

'For sure. Have a good sleep, Maelynn,' John B said with a smile. Kiara and Pope pretty much repeated him and all waved goodnight to her. 

'I'll get you settled,' JJ said as he got up with her. She nearly fell over with her first steps away from the hammocks, but he was there to hold her steady. 

They stumbled through the house together until finally landing in JJ's room. He gently placed her on the bed before going to his dresser and pulling out some clothes. 'Put these on. Yours are all sweaty and dirty.'

'Okay,' she sighed. 'Turn around.'

'You got it.' He turned so his back was to her. She pulled her own clothes off and put on the shirt, which was far too big for her. It went down mid-thigh. 

'It's too hot for the pants, JJ.'

He turned back around and surveyed her coverage. 'You're probably fine like that, then. There's extra sheets at the end of the bed if you get cold overnight, and I'll leave the pants with your clothes in case you need them. Come find me if you need anything overnight, okay?'

'Okay.'

He smiled and pulled back the covers for her. 'Sweet dreams, Maelynn.'

She plopped in and smiled back up at him. 'You too, JJ. Thanks for catching me.'

'Anytime, princess. Anytime.'

ミ⛧ ミ⛧ ミ⛧

When she woke, she gave a great start. Her head rang and spun as she adjusted to the dim light coming into the room. What freaking room was she in? And whose clothes was she wearing? Then she remembered the night before; the chase, the drinks, the talk, JJ. She was wearing JJ Maybank's shirt, sleeping in his room. What the fuck?!

She rose from the bed in a small flourish and hastily threw her shorts on, deciding leaving the shirt would save time. She gathered her things and tiptoed out. 

JJ was asleep on the couch. He looked utterly sweet and innocent, asleep there on the couch. She brushed a hand over his cheek lightly. 

'Good morning, princess,' he said in his raspy morning voice. A flush rose in her cheeks as she hastily peeled her hand away. 'Come back here.'

'Can you drive me home?'

He groaned and sat up, rubbing his face. 'Sure. You know how to get there?'

'Yeah.'

'Let's go.'

They were both still half-asleep as they drove through the island. JJ glanced over at the dozing girl in his passenger seat and smiled many times. 

'We're here, Maelynn.' 

She opened her eyes and smiled. 'Thanks, JJ. For everything.'

'My pleasure, princess. Any time.'

Maelynn leaned over and kissed his cheek gently before opening her door and running. 

'Hey!' he called after her. She turned, a curious expression on her face. 'You look great in my shirt.'

'Thanks,' she replied with a grin before sneaking inside. She tiptoed up to her room and laid her stuff down on her chair, collapsing into her bed in exhaustion. 

What a fucking day. 

ミ⛧ ミ⛧ ミ⛧

1204 words. 
written on august 8/21.