Confrontation

TRAVIS' POV
"The fuck you think you're doing fag? You don't belong here. Watch where you're going because next time, you won't have a mask to cover that hideous face of yours with." I don't even understand what I say anymore, everything seems to come out like a reflex. To my surprise, Sal finally stands up for himself. What the fuck is going on with this world?

SAL POV
"The fuck you think you're doing fag? You don't belong here. Watch where you're going because next time, you won't have a mask to cover that hideous face of yours with." I wasn't even moving, Travis bumped into me first. Who does he think he is? I may be shorter, weaker and definitely easier to pick on but everything he's been saying from the past year has finally fucking caught up to me. I snapped.

"You fucking kidding? You bumped into me, didn't think 'Oh so great Mr Phelps' would have a hard time walking. Did you break your fucking legs or something? Watch where you are going." I hiss, this is my time to stick up for myself and be my own person. He won't boss me around this year, I'm so fucking sick of it.

"Watch it fucker, do you not remember what I did to you last year? Or did you forget? Is your brain that small? Can you not remember anything?"

"At least I can get good grades, I can't imagine failing almost every class, must suck on your parents' behalf. Man, I would literally end myself if that were me."

TRAVIS' POV
What does he think he's doing? He should be shaking, shivering even just in my presence. He should be terrified that I'm going to beat him up. What the fuck is with this sudden change of standing up for himself.

"The hell? Do you wanna get beat up that bad? Or do you think just because it's a new year you can grow some balls or something. You probably like balls so it's no surprise"

"You kiss your daddy with that tongue? I'm sure he-"

I punched him. He has no right to talk about my father. I'm no fag. I don't like men. He has no right to talk about my family as if it's some kind of joke. Who does he think he is? I keep swinging at him until my arms physically can't move anymore. Maybe this will finally teach him a lesson.

Sal's POV
All I feel is pain, my prosthetic keeps slamming against my face causing the scars to start bleeding until I feel nothing. Maybe I went too far?

I wake up and I'm in the nurses office with Ash and Larry by my side.

"Dude you okay? We were just about to get to class when we saw Travis beating the shit out of you but once we got over there he had already left. The nurse said she found a piece of your mask inside of your face" Larry exclaims.

Fuck. Did Travis' anger issues have to be so bad? I stick up for myself once and I swear I almost fucking die. I just want to live a normal life, I know he's probably dealing with something but that's too far even for him holy shit. I am not the problem.

"Don't worry Sal, Travis got taken to the office, I think they're gonna call his dad at the end of the day and get him sent home. They're gonna need you in the office too though so you can explain what happened" Ashley says calmly.

Ash's always been like the mother figure in our friendship group but that's all I really see her as. Todd n Larry keep telling us that we should date but I don't really feel that way about her you know? More like platonic soulmates rather than romantic ones.

"Guys, I think I'm okay now. I'm gonna go to the store and get some snacks I'll catch you guys later, you should go to class do you don't fail idiots." I say

"We love you too" Larry shouts