The day begins

TRAVIS' POV
I wake up, trying to avoid getting into any trouble with father today. If only he woke up later, I wouldn't have to be so careful in the mornings. Maybe I'd actually enjoy school for once. As I walk over to my bathroom to mentally prepare for the day I look in the mirror.

The fresh scars on my wrists, the crusty, dried up blood that peels crackling under my fingernail, the wounds and gashes in my chest from glass and other sharp objects that father could find, the purplish black bruises that ache with pain from small breaths. That's what it's like to live in my shoes, pain scattered all over my body.

"Well I can't just sit in here sulking forever whining in self pity, I need to get ready for the day otherwise my morning may get a whole lot worse" I chuckle to myself. Who knows what he'll do when he finds out I'm not ready yet eventhough it's 7:40.

I walk to my closet as I hear the screams of my mother trying to avoid my father, then it all goes quiet. I know exactly what he's done but I'm not sure who to tell, It's not like I have any friends or people to rely on, I push everyone away. Who would want to be friends with the school bully anyways?

Taking out my purple sweatshirt and blue shorts I sigh, why does my life have to be like this? What did I do to deserve a father like this? Why not anyone else? As I've finished putting on my clothes I slowly step downstairs trying to delay the nightmare waiting to come, who knows what mood my fathers going to be in this morning. Who am I kidding? He's obviously not in a good mood because of what I heard earlier.

"TRAVIS WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU? IT'S 8:07 AND YOU AREN'T READY YET? YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE TO SCHOOL YOU LAZY, WORTHLESS BITCH. NOW I'LL HAVE TO TAKE YOU TO SCHOOL" my father screams

"Sorry father, I-I'll be there in a second" I respond, I really hope that didn't anger him any more.

"Excuse me?"

"..."

"WHEN I ASK A QUESTION YOU RESPOND"

"Yes father?"

"What did you just say. I AM NO FATHER TO A FAG LIKE YOU, I NEVER WILL BE"

"s-sorry sir"

"That's more like it, you're not eating breakfast today. Get in the car right now."

"Y-yes sir!"

I stumble over my feet as I sprint to the car, why does he get so angry over the smallest things? I barely did anything and here he is, getting angry for no reason at all. As I get in the car, father follows right after me. The drive to school is complete silence.

After what feels like an eternity we arrive at my school, "Nockfell high". As I'm about to get out of the car, father grabs my wrist and slaps me across the face with all his strength. Guess that's gonna leave another bruise.

"No thank you? Who do you think you are? Where have your manners gone? I swear to god Travis you better not be sinning. I know what kind of people go to a school like th-"

"DAD STOP IT, I'M NOT A SINNER AND YOU KNOW THAT!! I WOULD NEVER HANG AROUND SUCH TRASH" I start to tear up, I don't know what's happening with me recently, boys don't cry. Only people like Sal cry. I'm not like that... dude. It's all his fault. If it weren't for him, maybe my dad would act like an actual father figure.

After jumping out of the car, I run as fast as I can to get to into school as classes start in 5 minutes. I'm running down the hallway to try and get to my locker and that's when I bump into someone.

"Watch where you're going jackass" I hiss at whoever I may have bumped into. What a fucking morning. I slowly look up to the person standing infront of me. I recognise that mask and blue hair, it belongs to- Sal fisher.

(Author's note: Hey!! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter, with future chapters I'll switch between characters POV's but for this chapter I wanted to kick it off with Travis! Just to clarify I am infact queer so that's why I'm using the f slur a lot and can infact reclaim it!)