Chapter 4

HIS

It was 4 in the morning when I arrived at our unit. Dahan-dahan akong pumasok and trying not to make a noise knowing she's already asleep. Tinabi ko muna yung mga luggages ko sa may living room and went to the kitchen to drink some water muna bago ako dumiretso sa kwarto namin. When I opened the door I saw her curled up and yung tshirt ko nakapatong sa unan na yakap-yakap niya.

I carefully crawled to our bed and looked closely on her beautiful sleeping face. I missed her so much. That was the longest five days I ever had. I caressed her cheeks and tuck the hair strand in her ear that's blocking her beautiful face. Kinurot ko pa ng konti yung ilong niya because she's too cute kaya napagalaw niya and turned her back on me.

I chuckled silently before going to the bathroom to freshen up para makatulog na rin ako sa kama kasama siya and she'll wake up with me by her side. I'm sure she will be so happy lalo na at matatanggap na niya yung legos niya from me. Nag-half bath na lang ako and brushed my teeth bago humiga sa tabi ni Alyssa. I went to her and gave her a kiss on the side of her head and whispered, "I love you."

I woke up because pinagsisiksikan ni Alyssa yung sarili niya sakin and she looks so scared. Is she having nightmares again? Akala ko ba okay na siya? I soothed her by caressing her back and nilayo ko yung sarili ko to look at her face and now she looks calm. We need to talk about this tomorrow. I can't believe that she didn't told me about her reoccuring nightmares. When I checked the time it's already 7 in the morning. Medyo lumuwag naman na yung yakap sakin ni Alyssa kaya dahan-dahan akong umalis so I can prepare breakfast for us.

Whenever she is having nightmares ang gusto niyang breakfast ay waffles so I decided na 'yun na lang lulutuin ko. Mas bet pa nga niya kapag may strawberries pero walang strawberries na naka-stock ngayon so I contacted Kuya Nico to buy for us. Gising na rin naman siya and if it's for Alyssa he is always good and okay to go. Like I said, parang anak na turing niya kay Alyssa.

Maya-maya lang may narinig na akong kaluskos from our bedroom. Baka gising na siya. Bumalik ako sa pagpreprepare since hula ko nag-bathroom pa 'yon since hindi agad siya lumabas.

Nung lumabas na siya her eyes widened when she saw me in our kitchen counter.

"You're here?" she asked na parang kinikilig siya.

Lumapit ako sa kanya to kiss her and hug her, "I'm home." I said habang nakayakap siya sakin. I held her hand and pinaupo ko siya sa chair ng dining table namin. Lumuhod ako to ask her about the nightmares.

"Ly, you had a nightmare earlier." I said as a matter of fact. Napalayo siya ng tingin sakin. Knew it. She's keeping it a secret to me.

"Why?" I asked again calmly. I don't want to pressure and scare her.

"I don't want you to worry about me." She always does this. Damn.

"Alyssa I will always worry about you. You are an independent woman and even if I know that you can manage on your own, you're always on my mind because I love you. I don't want you to get hurt emotionally and physically. Let me worry about you, Ly. In sickness and in health remember?" I caressed her right cheek and smiled at her. She just looked at me and smiled faintly.

I was waiting for her answer but someone knocked on the door, must be Kuya Nico.

"I'll get it." Alyssa stood up to get to the front door. Napailing na lang ako bago bumalik sa ginagawa ko kanina. She is clearly avoiding this topic.

"Here's the strawberry." Inabot niya sakin yung strawberries and tumalikod agad. She is not just avoiding the topic, she is also avoiding me dahil I am sure she knows that kukulitan ko lang siya about doon.