12.0

While I was extremely unhappy I couldn't be with Lando for the first race of the season due to the current situation, I was happy Formula One was finally back. And in a way that it was as safe as possible for the drivers and crew to be there. 

In fact I was so happy I was decked out in almost all of the boys merch. I had Lando's McLaren t-shirt on, an MV hoodie and a George Russell hat. I also had my Alex Albon hat beside me too but there's only so much I can wear.

"Damn it, did you see where I put my phone?" I asked my dog, Lottie. Who was following me as I walked into our kitchen. Of course I got no answer but I did find my phone charging on the kitchen counter. Busting out a couple finger guns at my confused dog after picking it up off the countertop. 

I thought I might call Lando, my fiancé, it was hard not to mention that as it's just so exciting to be engaged. Just to wish him luck before the race. But I knew better than to call Lando's phone so I called John. 

"Cheers Emilia, how are you?" John asked as he answered the phone. 

"Yeah great John, wondering if you could put my fiancé on the phone please?" I requested cheerfully. 

"Smart of you to call my phone instead of his," John laughed and I chuckled along before I heard him pass the phone to Lando. 

"Hey, lovely!" Lando spoke enthusiastically, his voice sounding very soft and cute. 

"Are you on the grid right now?" I asked him. 

"Yeah I am. I'm starting in fucking third!" He shouted, he sounded so happy and it made me swell with joy. A huge smile breaking out on my face as I was just so proud. 

"I know you are and I'm so proud of you. I just wanted to call you and wish you luck," I told him.

"Thank you so much baby, I'll call you after the race. I love you," he cooed.

"I love you too," I said before he hung up. The national anthem on the grid starting very soon.

I waited impatiently as the formation lap ticked on. Having waited since March for the season to start. This was four months overdue. 

I watched as my fiancé was nudged slightly off the track by Max. Finding it very hard to support all of my friends without feeling bad for a different friend. 

Cheering happily as Lando raced side by side the Red Bull. 

As expected one of the Mercedes flew ahead the rest of the group, yet it wasn't Hamilton but Valtteri Bottas. Even though they were only in the first few corners. I turned my eyes back to the cars behind anyway, paying extra attention to Lando.

By lap 11 things were starting to go bad for Red Bull as Max started to slow on the straight and eventually come to a stop. I felt so bad for him but couldn't help but feel happy for Lando who was now in fourth. So close to a podium and the optimistic side of me was starting to get excited. 

I sighed as Carlos managed to spin my idol Sebastian Vettel as Seb attempted to overtake him. The laps ticking by fast. 

Only laps later though my fiancé was being overtaken by Perez for fourth. But of course I remained optimistic, cheering my boyfriend on and of course live tweeting any interesting moments. 

The laps really started to go by, it had just been lap 33 and now it was lap 51. And unfortunately one of my closest friends George was subjected to yet another horrible mechanical failure. I know he's an amazing driver and I hope Mercedes get him out of that Williams because he deserves it.

He did cause a safety car though causing a chain reaction of pitstops which was going to turn the race on its head.

By lap 55 the safety car had come in and racing resumed but I was confused as to why there was still yellow flags being waved as Alex attempted to passPerez. I noticed Räikkönen falling a couple of places, suspecting he might be the result of the yellow flags and subsequent second safety car.