Chapter 33: Brave Little Theseus

Start from the beginning

Tommy watched as the snow absorbed the blood that dripped from both him and Dream, the boy was tired and his injuries were serious but something made him smirk at the damage he had caused to the entity. This would give him revenge for his men that were most likely slaughtered on the land above them, innocent lives that he couldn't protect just like his brother. The boy concentrated before getting back into his stance, he breathed slowly as the Hunter looked at him. "I've had enough of you...", he growled and lunged at Tommy. The boy swung but his sword only went through the man, his eyes widened as he figured out that it wasn't Dream he attacked but an illusion. As he turned, the Hunter pierced his sword through the boy. It was a glowing black sword, it was most likely the same sword used to kill Wilbur a few months ago. Tommy's sword fell into the snow and the barrier shattered like glass around them. Dream held the boy and slowly fell to his knees as he looked at the God.

The snow around them quickly absorbed the blood that flowed out of Tommy's body. White gladiolus began to blossom just like when the blue hydrangeas blossomed from Wilbur's blood. The life was slowly draining out of Tommy's eyes as he looked into Dream's black eyes. "Hey... Dream...", he whispered. A flash of green appeared for a few seconds in those black eyes. "It's not your fault, Big Man.", smiled Tommy. The Hunter was gone as soon as the boy blinked. Tommy laid there while holding his wound, he looked at the sky and hummed softly. "I want to see Big Sister before I go...", whispered Tommy, tears falling down his face.

KINGDOM OF VERI

The Blood God quickly summoned his wings as he saw his wife fly past him, something was happening and she had spotted it before anyone. He spotted her with their son a few miles away from the kingdom's gates, he carried Tubbo in his arms and he was sobbing. "He- He- didn't let me help him! He's in danger because of me!", shouted Ranboo. Technoblade held them both and commanded Ranboo to get medical attention as soon as he entered the castle along with Tubbo. He could tell that his son had various rib bones cracked and Tubbo had his arm broken along with some serious cuts on his face. Philza appeared and began to question what was happening but quickly said nothing as his daughter begged him to take Ranboo and Tubbo back to the castle. She looked at Technoblade, he nodded before they both flew off to the bridge their son had spoken about in his nervous rambling.

The Gods both knelt next to Tommy. He was still breathing but they both knew that it was too late as they saw flowers surrounding him. (Y/n) had seen him from the sky first, his wings were drenched in his own blood and white gladiolus surrounded Tommy. Her baby brother who she raised along with her family, laid there dying while they could do nothing once again. Part of her wanted him to sit up and start poking fun at her for falling for another of his pranks but this time her wish would stay unanswered. "Tommy... I'm sorry...", she whispered. Her heart broke more with each passing second as she carefully pulled him close to her body, his becoming colder. "Sister... I made sure Ranboo... made it back...", smiled Tommy while (Y/n) fixed his hair. The boy's eyes wandered to Technoblade, he had removed his mask and looked at Tommy with pain in his eyes. "Don't look so chum, Techno...", whispered Tommy. The boy raised his hand towards the Blood God and the man got closer to take it while his wife kept her hold on the boy. "Can you sing me a lullaby, please.", whispered Tommy, blood was spilling from the side of his mouth. (Y/n) drowned back a cry as her husband nodded and began to sing. It was a favorite that Tommy would request when he went to find Techno after a nightmare.

.• We were playing in the sand... And you found a little band... ••.

•~•~•~• Flashback •~•~•~•

• You told me you fell in love with it... Hadn't gone as I planned... •