Chapter 34: D-2

"W-where?"

I slowly put down my chopsticks and looked at him, "Where again?" I asked for the second time.

"Daegu. That's the place where I first saw you, hyung."

"What were you doing in there?" I asked him.

Why does hearing my hometown make me uneasy?

The last time I went home was the time I got almost bumped by a car. Taehyun became a wish granter for nearly a year now.

What the heck is all of this?

"Just visiting in there..." He simply replied.

"Stop lying."

"I'm not lying." He replied as serious as I am right now.

"Take me there right now." I commanded at him.

"It's already night, hyung."

"Please Taehyun."

And all my hunches were right.

"Please... Don't tell me it was you." I begged at him while holding my tears.

"I saw you bought some snacks in that convenient store, a year ago. That was winter season already and also raining at the same time. I didn't know what gotten into me that made me follow you. You don't have any umbrella that time so, I bought one for you but you're already running under the rain."

"Why? Why did you do that Taehyun?" I asked him while my tears are already streaming down.

"Then you didn't saw that car and you crossed this street..."

I fall down in the ground when he said those. "Why? Why did you save me?"

"I grabbed your hand then it was me who got hit by it then the driver didn't stop at all." He continued.

"S-stop... Stop it now. Please..." I begged while crying.

"The next thing I knew is that my mom is crying in front of me but the weird thing that time is I can also see myself lying in a hospital bed."

I stood up and held his hand, "I'm sorry Taehyun. I'm really sorry!" I cried in him.

But he just gave me a smile. "Then the Deity appeared and I wished. I wished that if only he can give me another chance to live, another chance to see you. If he can grant my wish and he did. Then he gave me to you."

"H-he kept you alive?"

"I'm not a human, hyung. I'm not a human anymore."

"You...died? You died because of me?"

I felt how he tightens his hand, "Then he warned me, that I'm going to die again with the same reason."

My heart started beating so abnormally. I can really feel the coldness of this dark alley where we are. I'm so nervous.

"I asked him if it'll be an event or the person..."

I looked done while feeling the pain in my chest and sobs so loud and cried so hard.

Why is this all happening to me?

"Hyung, my fate is in your fate."

I looked at him even if I can't clearly see is face anymore due to my tears. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I can't save you this time." I apologized.

"I'm really sorry. I'm so sorry that you need to suffer all of this after saving me." I added while crying really hard.

"I'm fated to die because of you, Beomgyu hyung."