Where did she go?

Chapter 4

       After I was breathing normally, I was sitting on the sofa across from Renee'. We have not been talking. I felt as if she were reading my mind. We were in the dark. But, there was light coming from the outdoors lightpost. I finally had to break the silence. So I eventually went ahead and exclaimed aloud, "why are you here? You have to leave. I will be fine; you need to tak care of yourself now. Go into the light." I said with a smirk as I got up to make hot tea. She just sat there. No expression. She was not the girl she was when she first came to my house. But, after I said what I did, I fell asleep without an answer. I woke up to not being able to find her. I ignored it and figured she would be back later. 

       I was exhausted from last nights, 'chat.' I went into the kitchen where I smelt food. Sam must have been cooking, and I was correct. I tip toed over to him, leaning over the stove he cooked on. He was making pancakes. I smelled the aroma, and my stomach growled. I went upstairs to wake up Mila. Obviously, I should have known she would be out with her friends; late. So, I went to my parents room. As I opened the french doors and walked in when the floor made a creek. I continued on though. I knew the house was old. When I was in the room I saw the bathroom door closed and heard the shower running, and slight humming. I knocked on the door with my knuckle. I heard a loud, "Yessssssssss?" It sounded happy though. Mom came out of the bathroom covered in a towel. She was dry aside from her golden locks. As she sat down on her makeup chair wondering what I had wanted. "Well, Ma, I just wanted to tell you Mila is gone, Sam is cooking." I stated very clear. Although, I was looking away as I had told it. "Well, I am gorgeous, so I guess I don't have to put on makeup. Plus, I am starving." She bragged. I waited outside her door then, she came out in a purple tank top. With skinny jeans that looked WAY too tight! They looked like they belonged to me. Didn't say anything though. After I ate with mom and Sam. Adam came down and ate, too. When everyone was finished. I was watching television. Suddenly, I heard a quiet signature knock on the wooden door. I got up questioned who the heck could be at MY door considering Mila updates her status every 5 minutes, couldn't be one of her friends. It was a tall, beautiful girl who I had never seen before. "Hi! I am Stacy. Your babysitter for an 8 year old named, uh, Adam?" Stacy introduced. "Oh, finally I am sick of babysitting that pest! Would you like to speak to my mother?" I murmered. "Yes please!" She assured. I slammed the door on her and went to get my mom. "Some lady is at the door claiming she is the new babysitter." I plopped myself on the couch and sunk in it with the remote. "Oh goodie!" Mom commented as she got up from her chair and hussled to the door. I completely ignored their conversation. I had absolutely no interest. "Make some room, sis. I am comin' over!" Adam announced. Wonderful; I thought in my head and scooted over just in case he were to 'accidently' hurt me. 

        Turns out Stacy wasn't qualified for my moms concerns. So, as usual I was stuck watching him when Sam left until dad came home. Honestly, I didn't mind doing it that day. He hardly complained like he normally does. He also went to bed 2 hours earlier then he always does. I fell asleep on the sofa. Later, dad walked in with groceries and woke me up. I got up and gave him a hug and kiss and headed up to bed. It was like any other normal night. Which I didn't think was going to happen. I just assumed Renee' got busy. I saw my door open as I peeked over my bunk. The light went on. Mila was finally home. So was Sam. They both walked in not even acknowledging me asleep. I got down and hugged them both. "Why are you still awake, child?" Sam boasted. "Um, I was asleep but I am a light sleeper and woke up when you guys came in." I lied. I was kind of awake the whole time. Mila looked liked she going to say something but didn't. Sam left to his own room while Mila bunked with me again. Mila and I were wiped out. It was still daytime though. Everyone got home too early. I forgot to feed Simen. Thats why I got up. After, I watched television all day without eating. Then I was asleep real fast. But, I could not stop thinking about Renee'. She always lived in my heart. I needed her to get out of my thoughts though!