The five went outside where Tachibana quickly dropped into a bow, "I'm so sorry! I must have misunderstood something."

"It's okay, don't worry," Mikey assured her. "It was an amazing slap."

"I'm so sorry!"

"It's fine to do your best for the man you like but don't get too carried away. Things would have been bad if you hit someone that'd fight back, you know?"

"Yes!" Tachibana said.

While Tachibana and Takemichi were having their moment Illumi walked up to Mikey under the watchful eye of Draken and pushed the boy to sit on the floor. He then kneeled beside him and took out his trusty aid kit and started to treat the wounds he inflicted.

"I won't apologise," Illumi said. "Because I was only defending my friend."

Mikey didn't say anything but just watched the boy attend to the shallow cuts and stayed still. Once done and placing a small bandage on Illumi stood and offered a hand to Mikey which he took but didn't let go. The blond smugly smiled and kept a tight grip on the other boy's hand.

"Bye-bye! Next time don't hit me," Mikey called to Tachibana as she headed back into the school. "What a nice girl, it's rare to see one like that."

"Yeah," Takemichi agreed.

"Be sure to take care of her," Mikey advised.

The gang members led the other two boys to a set of bikes. Takemichi was peddling one with Mikey on the back and Draken was peddling another carrying Illumi. Illumi held tight onto Draken, not liking his precarious position at all. The one driving in question smirked feeling a bit petty for being called a bitch the day before.

"Why were you pleased with me before?" Takemichi asked.

"..." Mikey leaned to the side. "That's a stupid question."

"Sorry."

"I have a ten years older brother," Mikey said. "Well, he's dead now though. He was a reckless guy."

"He sounds like a cool person!" Takemichi smiled.

"Takemicchi, you are like him," Mikey said with a wide grin.

"Huh?" Takemichi froze, his face made Illumi muffle a snort in the back of Draken's clothes.

"I ain't that cool! No matter how you look at it"

Mikey just laughed into the wind. "Well, it's true he wasn't as lame as you, Takemicchi."

"You're so mean," Takemichi whined.

Illumi looked out the bypassing sky and sighed in contentment, he's happy if his friends are happy and Takemichi seems to be doing alright. They pull into a rolling hill of green and Mikey stands atop of it overlooking the city building and shining river. Illumi plops down on the grass to bask in the sun soaking in the heat of early autumn.

"This is an era where delinquents are called 'lame', isn't it?" Mikey contemplates. "In my brother's generation, there were quite a lot of gangs in this area. There you'd listen to your intuition and act on it. Everyone acted big. And all they'd do was fight but everyone took care of themselves. What was so lame about those guys?"

Mikey sat down beside Illumi, "that's why I'm going to create an era for delinquents. You both should accompany me on that journey. I was pleased by both of ye, Hanagaki Takemichi and Yato Illumi."

"We have plenty of guys that are good at fighting," Draken said. "But, there aren't many guys like you Takemichi who would stand against anyone if it were for something you couldn't 'give up'. And not many people would go against a known gang leader threatening violence just because they wished to stand up for their friend, Illumi."

Mikey stood and he and Draken started their trek back to where they planned to go.

"Think about it, Takemichi, Illumi," Draken called from over his shoulder.

As Illumi was walking home with Takemichi both lost in their minds he thought about how the whole day went and the new information he now possesses.

So it seems that the Touman gang leaders aren't really all cold and gruff but instead wishing to fulfill a dream where they can express themselves in an era without being considered 'lame'. But it also seemed like it might be a self-made promise to Mikey's older brother now that he's gone. It's a complex situation but Illumi sees no reason why he shouldn't follow them on their journey, he wanted to change his life and he had an opportunity to further the choices he's already made.

As Illumi was walking he wasn't paying attention and knocked shoulders with another boy making them rock with imbalance. Illumi quickly caught them around the waist and murmured a 'sorry' before continuing on next to Takemichi. He didn't catch the sharp eyes staring at him from behind.