4

Flora's POV:
As the sun shone through the blinds of the hospital window I realised it must've been morning already. I looked around frantically hoping Maya was actually here and it wasn't a dream. Thankfully, there she was still peacefully sleeping nearby in the armchair. I hadn't moved in a long time so I decided I wanted to walk to the bathroom and try and freshen up but I didn't want to wake Maya. It was merely a few steps so surely I'd be okay. As I gently swung my legs round the edge of the bed I built up the courage to take some steps, and actually I was doing well. I quickly reached the bathroom and opened the door, reaching onto the sink for support and as i looked up I saw a mirror in front of me.
I swear I could've burst into tears right there and then but time seemed to freeze, I was left staring emotionless at this face of a girl I didn't recognise.
My under eyes were a deep purple and on the left hand side of my face was a still bloody scar from my forehead to my cheek, a constant reminder of that night. I started to feel dizzy as all the memories came flooding back, I couldn't breathe and I was alone.

Maya's POV:
I jolted awake to the sound of a loud bang and immediately panicked. Flora. I glanced around the room and she wasn't there, I yelled her name in fear and got no response. I quickly realised that the bathroom door was open and I rushed in. There she was passed out on the floor, a small cut on her forehead just to add to the others. I have no idea what she was doing in there but I swiftly picked her up bridal style and carried her back to the bed. I put her in a comfortable position and rang for a nurse.

Flora's POV:
As my eyes un-blurred I saw one of the nurses leaning over me finishing patching up something on my face. The last thing I remember was having a flashback, I have no idea how I got back here but Maya would be a good guess. I felt horrible, putting all these problems on her. She shouldn't be wasting her time with a girl like me when she deserves much better. I'd been thinking about telling her to leave for a while and I think today's the right time. As the nurse left the room I turned to see Maya staring back
at me, she had a smile on her face but it didn't hide the sadness in her eyes. "Hi sunshine, how are you feeling?", she said as she reached for my hand.
"I'm okay." I lied hoping she would change the subject.
She raised her eyebrows and gave me a knowing glance, she could see right through me.

- Edit: Im sorry this is such a short chapter, I've been busy with school but I'll update soon :)