chapter 1

I woke up in an empty stateroom. Why? First, I thought, I was still sleeping. I probably read to much last night and fell asleep. I tried to tweak myself to wake up, but it didn't work. I was still there in the stateroom. I tried it several times, but I was still there. I got scared. I didn't know where I was and why, so I decided to look around. Some minutes later I understood that I was in a train. From the wide window next to me, I could see amazing landscapes. They were not even amazing, they looked just magical. It's the only word, that matches here to describe the view. Magical. I couldn't stop looking out off the window for a long time. The mountains, lakes, fields were so magical. They didn't look real.
Suddenly, I heard someone knock at the door. The sound interrupted me, so I stoped looking out off the window. I stood up and opened the door. There was an old lady. She smiled at me for a few seconds and then asked: ,,Would you like to buy something, darling?" She seemed very kind, so I couldn't hold my smile back. Just now I saw the truck with all the sweets on it. It looked so familiar, but I couldn't remember where I saw it before. It's strange. The lady asked again: ,,So dear, do you take something?" I immediately answered: ,,Ugh, yeah, I'm so sorry. I'm gonna take those chocolate frogs, please" ,,Of course'' the old lady answered, ,, 3 Sickles, please" I was confused, she probably made a mistake, so I asked her: ,, Excuse me, I didn't really catch that, you probably meant 3 pounds." I laughed a bit, but then saw her serious or even confused face. She said: ,, No sweetheart, I meant 3 Sickles. I don't know any pounds. Are you alright? Do you want some pumpkin juice? It's probably because of the ride! Don't worry dear, you're gonna feel better after you drink the pumpkin juice."
I was shocked. What was going on? I didn't know what to do. What are those Sickles? What is pumpkin juice? I've never heard or drank something like that! But why did it still feel so familiar? I tried to stay calm and asked: ,,What is pumpkin juice?"