The Gold 2 Part 46

Start from the beginning

"I think your wife is upset," Cleo snickered as she sat down, throwing her feet up on a nearby table.

Swearing John B walked into the house after Sarah.

"Is this why you started talking to me?" Coral questioned glaring at Cleo, "Because you already knew who we were and where we came from?  Wanted to make it seem like you were my friend so we'd think we were safe with you all?"

"Not entirely," she responded staring out the screened porch, "It does get lonely only having Stubbs to talk to," Cleo said finally looking at Coral.

"Whatever," Coral responded before turning her back on the girl and going to lay down in the farthest chair, "Wake me up when it's time to leave."

Later that night the group climbed into Terrance's truck with John B driving and Sarah and Coral squashed together next to him

Later that night the group climbed into Terrance's truck with John B driving and Sarah and Coral squashed together next to him.  Terrance, Cleo, and Stubbs sat in the back ready to hide under a tarp when they got to the gatehouse of Paradise Island.

"Take us to your mansion, Miss Fancy Pants," Terrance crowed from the back of the truck.

"I hope you know what you're doing JB," Coral muttered as John B slowed the truck.

"Where else would Ward put it," he whispered before turning to look at the three in the back, "All right, this is it," he told them waiting till they pulled the tarp over themselves before pulling up to the gatehouse.

"Hey there," John B greeted the gatekeeper.

"Yes, yes, I will call Miss Finlay about her dog," the gatekeeper spoke into the phone before telling the person on the other end to hold on.  Placing the phone against his chest he looked in at the three, "What can I do for you?"

"I'm actually just coming to pick up my leaf blower from, um," John B trailed off before Sarah whispered the name of the road to him, "Bay Line.  Yes Bay Line," John B told the gatekeeper.

Nodding the gatekeeper waved them through, "Go ahead."

"Thank you," John B responded before driving forward.  

"Your leaf blower?" Coral questioned wrinkling her nose at her brother.  

"It's all I could come up with."

Snorting she rolled her eyes, "I don't understand how you're friends with JJ when you're such a bad liar."

"Well he had me fooled," Sarah cut in, "I thought he was telling the truth when he said he wouldn't come over here."

Pursing his lips John B glared at his sister, "Thank you for that," he said before addressing Sarah, "Look I know I lied, and I'm sorry for that."

"Do you even know if the gold is here?" she questioned quietly.  "There's a huge safe that was clearly drug into the house.  Where else would he put it until he can get down here himself?" John B replied as they pulled up to the Cameron vacation home.