021. 𝗯𝗮𝗱 𝗻𝗲𝘄𝘀

Start from the beginning

her expression turned into an amused one when she saw y/n barged into her class and made her way to her seat.

"you bitch. i knew it was you who said that about me." y/n has had enough.

haru chuckled, her eyebrows raised.

"hm? i don't know what you're talking about." she blinked.

"stop pretending. i know it's your doing. and i'm going to let you know that i don't care about a stupid, childish rumor about something i didn't do." y/n kicked her desk and it fell over before storming out of the classroom.

truthfully, she was terrified, trembling from head to toe but she knew she needed to stand up for herself. haru smirked.

y/n is too naive if she thinks this is all that's going to happen.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

the rest of the day was pretty much the same, except for the fact that y/n is now basically a sidekick and her friends have isolated her.

she spends her lunch break on the rooftop in a dark corner, not eating anything. she felt stressed out, and not to mention her new assignment that needed to be handed in by the end of the week.

apparently it takes up sixty percent of their grade. but if one is unable to hand it in, they get an immediate zero. she sighed.

she knew she shouldn't care at all about a stupid rumor, but then again she's just a human. the word 'slut' and 'whore' have been thrown around at her by the time lunch arrived.

basically, the whole school heard. she wished there would be someone who would trust her, someone other than kenma.

she glanced at her phone and ignored the texts being sent to her friend's group chat. she didn't feel like talking at all at the moment.

the time indicates that it was five more minutes til the bell rings, so she stood up and head towards the cold, metallic floor and pushing it open.

she walked down the hallway and received the same stares again. she ignored them and kept walking, fiddling with her fingers as her anxiety grew by the second.

"hey." a familiar voice called, which caused her eyes to land on a familiar face which belonged to her seat mate.

"hi." she simply greeted back. she wants to run away. everyone was watching, and not for a good reason.

before kenma could speak, a boy from the baseball team wrapped his arms around the boy and cackled.

"hey, you wanna get in her pants too? i know she's a slut but you gotta queue up." the older boy laughed and looked her up and down. the students on the hallway laughed, agreeing with whatever the dude said.

she felt so humiliated, and she didn't know what else to do, so her body decided to make a run for it. and she ran all the way to the bathroom, crying and skipping classes for the rest of the afternoon.

˚✧₊⁺˳✧༚

"y/n?" she heard a voice called out and footsteps approaching the last cubicle in the bathroom. she sniffled and cleared her throat.

"go away, kenma."

he sighed.

"open the door, please?" he pleaded, his voice desperate.

"leave me alone, please. i can't face you right now." she wiped her eyes and she stared at his pair of shoes outside her door.

"no, i'm not going anywhere. i'll sit out here until you come out." he persisted. she ignored his remarks and stayed silent.

after a few minutes of standing, kenma took a few steps backwards and aligned himself properly, before sitting himself down on the cold, bathroom floor with his back against the wall.

"i didn't do it. it was a stupid rumor." she said after a few moments of silence.

he exhaled. "i know, i believe you."

"but you didn't stood up for me back there." she unlocked the door and stood in front of him, staring down at him with her eyes red and bloodshot.

he saw her in that state and quickly stood up, facing her.

"i did. and your friends from the music club are beating them up right now too." he assured. y/n's eyes widened.

"what? but-"

"don't worry, they're doing it outside of the school grounds." he gave her a small smile, but she didn't return it.

she stared at the ground and grabbed her bag from kenma's grip.

"thank you. i'll leave now." she excused herself but he grabbed her wrist.

"let me take you home, please?"

she didn't give him a respond, but she removed her wrist from his hand and walked forward, with kenma silently following behind.