Monsters and Man: Part 2 - Dusk

A book is pulled from a wooden shelf, as the pages are flipped through and scanned by the eyes of Brivot Evans, having forgone his armor for now. He sifts through the books in the town's library, sighing in disappointment each time it isn't to his liking.

"Can I... help you, sir?" The librarian asks from the entrance.

Brivot: "I'm... looking for information on the yetis. Something recent, if you have it."

"Something recent on the... yetis? I think I might have something for you."

After searching through the options, the librarian gives him a newly written book. "This one is something of a biography on our Chief and his war against the creatures of the night. You may find this to your tastes."

Brivot: "Thank you." He takes it, opening it.

"Ah, and... if I may, sir... should I let the Chief know you are studying?"

Brivot: "Let him... know?"

"Well, I noticed you were the Chief's son, and one of our knights in training. Our practice should be starting very soon, so I assumed you were busy."

Brivot's eyes widen. "Oh... you're right! Training is soon! I'm so sorry, but... can I take this book with me? I can bring it back as soon as possible!"

"Please, don't be alarmed, sir! I trust you'll return the book whenever you're finished."

Brivot dashes out of the library, carrying the book under his arm.

"To think I would've forgotten about this... everything with those yetis last night threw me off!"

Brivot rushes to the Chief's house, passing the guards and making his way inside. Once he does, he notices the Chief speaking with a knight, a concerned look on his face.

"We can't be sure... but, we should begin the initiation as soon as possible."

"They're still training... we shouldn't be too hasty."

The knight glances at Brivot, then nods. "Be in contact, sir." He walks past Brivot, out of the house.

Brivot: "Father... is there something wrong?"

"No need to worry, my boy. Just some... rumors. Shouldn't you be at training?"

Brivot: "I came back to prepare my armor before I head out."

"You're usually a bit more cordial than this, I'm surprised."

Brivot: "Forgive me, father."

"Don't expect to best Finnian with that aloof attitude."

Brivot nods and makes his way to his room. His father, however, stops him.

"Wait."

Brivot stops. "... Yes?"

"That book you have... may I see it?"

Brivot feels a sweat drop roll down his forehead. Nonetheless, he turns around and paces to the Chief, giving the book to him.

Brivot: "I was... doing research. I remembered the stories you used to tell me as a child..."

The Chief stares at the book's pages, before smiling. "Yes... I remember those days. To think they'd write about this... I wonder what details went unnoticed."