.

"(K/n), baby," I walk into my room, closing the door behind me. "How are you feeling?"

(K/n) got his back turned to me, getting rid of his jacket, dyed and neatly cut hair now standing out, giving him a whole new vibe. He glances back at me, humming. I really want to ask him about everything, about why the leader of one of the most powerful gangs out there is here, hiding himself, in such a state. I don't know what I'd do in his place or what exactly he's going through. Where are the others, even? Maybe they're ghosted? I don't think he'd like to talk about it now.

"You don't need to answer," I say finally, hugging him from behind and pressing a kiss to the back of his neck. A hug is better. I know he needs one. (K/n) relaxes under my touch for a moment before he's pulling away to continue changing into bed clothes, so I just move to do the same.

It's a weird night. He doesn't kiss me or gives me the opportunity to kiss him. He doesn't cuddle up to my side and has his back turned to me. Thinking about this gives me this weird feeling and I can't identify whether there's a hollow or heavy sensation in my chest. Why does he make me feel like this? What's happening to me? I try not to let my breath lose pace, feeling a lump in my throat and tears threatening to spill.

By the morning, thankfully, the first thing I'm aware of is (k/n)'s face close to mine, his breath fanning over my face and he's still sleeping. At least this. Maybe today will be a better day.

Seeing (k/n)'s eyes threatening to flutter open has me smiling at the same moment, excited for something – a kiss, a hug, cuddles, anything. He blinks a few times until locking his gaze with me and actually cracks a small smile, making my heart flutter, getting better when he presses his lips to mine and it's so fucking good.

(K/n), however, is suddenly pulling away, not saying anything despite the questioning look I shoot at him. And there's this weird feeling again, somehow hitting harder. He leaves the room and I continue lying down on the bed and this is pathetic. Terrible. Like, what the hell? Me, the Party Poison? Suffering for some guy? Well, fuck, yeah. More probable than even I thought it would be. Fuck the world.

I don't know when I actually get out of bed, but the guys are already at their activities and, yet again, (k/n) is there with Ghoul. Did he suddenly start liking Ghoul more?

"You look like someone punched you in the gut," Jet says, startling me a bit because I hadn't noticed him crouched down behind Trans AM, too distracted with watching Ghoul and (k/n) sitting on the counter over the convenience store.

"Maybe, I don't know." I shrug. Maybe it was a kick on the chest.

"Holy Witch, Party!" Jet stands up, brow low as he looks at me, puzzled or whatever. "You've never been this depressed since you accidentally fucked up with Trans AM!"

"First of all, it wasn't accidentally," I sigh, ignoring the glare I receive because I don't care what they say, I could've been more prudent that one time Trans AM overturned – I absentmindedly trace the scar down my upper arm then shake my head. "So, the thing is... Kobra told me the whole thing about the Candy Crush gang. Not exactly told me, but that's not important. I just don't even know what to do with it."

"Oh," Jet mutters almost inaudibly and slowly nods. He reaches for a cloth to clean his hands, which doesn't really do the work, but he still fixes his hair, undoing the ponytail his curls had been pulled into and redoing it. "Well, (k/n) never lied, did he? He just gave us another name and that's not even important. He was being chased, vulnerable, hurt. He's still wanted, so telling another name seems like the most reasonable thing to do, don't you think? I mean, maybe you don't, but different minds work differently. It's not like he tried to stab us in our sleep or something."

"No, I didn't say it's a problem." I roll my eyes lightly. "I just really don't know what to do with it. And he's been acting weird lately. Like, does he know we know? Is he mad at me for something? Did I do something wrong? Or does he miss his friends?" Though he acts differently when it comes to his friends... What are their names, again? Sour Patch and War-something.

Only now I become aware of Jet's silence and am met with that knowing look. It would probably look like his normal indifferent look to anyone who doesn't know him well enough, but I can recognize the exact look from whenever he knows something everyone else doesn't.

"So your problem is something else," he hums, arms crossed over his chest as he leans back against the car.

"Something else?"

"You're worried about why he's been weird, not because you found out about who he really is," he points out. "Look, he thinks only I know about it, if I'm not wrong. He's got trust issues, I guess, so you need to be delicate if you want to talk to him about it, okay? (K/n) is a nice guy. Just don't scare him. We know how you tend to be."

"How I can be?" I ask, blinking a few times. What does he mean?

Jet doesn't answer, however, shaking his head to himself and returning to work in the car.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Fragile Hearts | Party Poison x Male Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें