Hope held onto Francis hand as the two walked to stand beside Mary who had a frown on her face noticing the dozens of small boats approaching the shore causing Hope to softy call out Francis name who noticed what the two girls were looking at and called out, "there are too many boats. That's not a French ship. Those are English"

Francis gesturing towards the ship that had an English flag causing Mary's eyes to widened in surprise as she turned her head to see that Francis was looking at and frantically asked, " is that a warship?" Francis nodded his head in confirmation and muttered, " Yes" he then turned his attention to the men behind him and yelled, " guards!"

Francis wrapped his arm protectively around Hope's waist knowing it wasn't just an coincidence that the English had turned and it wasn't just to take Madeleine to France it's because they've heard that Mary was now at court. "what are they doing here?" Hope frowned deepened as she turned to look at Francis with an confused expression on her face.

Francis shook his head as he was just confused as the two girls turning his gaze back onto the boats and informed the two girls, " I don't know. I think it's a hostile landing" Mary frowned as she shook her head in disbelief and pointed out, " but England and France are at peace. Have they come for me?" She asked with a look of fear in her eyes as she looked directly at Francis.

Francis placed his hand on Hope's back leading her towards one of the guards and firmly ordered, " Get Hope and Mary out of here. Hide them" the guard nodded his head in acknowledgement before turning around to face the Queen of Scotland and questioned, " can you ride?"

"Yes" Mary answered with a nod of her head as a guard brought two horses forwards causing Francis to speak up and demanded, " get my brother out of here, someplace safe. Hope, Mary, now" the guards all raised their bow and arrows at the guards threateningly as the auburn haired girl scoffed in disbelief looking into his blue eyes and inquired, " what about you? We can't just leave you here"

Francis sighed as he cupped her face in his hands admiring her features as he softly informed, " I'll be fine, i promise nothing will happen to me. There not here for me, there here for Mary. You have to go now" Francis sternly told the two girls with a look of determination on his face.

Hope had a hesitant look on her face as she didn't want to leave Francis alone but she sighed in defeat as she grabbed Mary's hand pulling her towards the horses when she came to a halt at the sound of a horse heading their way as Sebastian called out, " No! Wait! Don't shoot! Stand down!"

Mary and Hope turned their attention to Sebastian who came to a stop in front of them causing Francis to roll his eyes in disbelief and exclaimed," There's an English war ship" Bash sighed as he turned his attention away from Mary and towards his younger brother and informed, " The English come in peace. The French ship took on water, it was in distress. The English wee nearby and gave rescue"

"how do you know this?" Mary questioned with a puzzled look on her face causing Sebastian eyes to flicker over towards the raven haired girl and explain, " they sent an emissary on ahead to the castle. He's being held. If they're lying they'll have his head" Sebastian sighed in relief as the men put down their weapons trusting that they weren't here to cause any harm to Mary.

A few moments later, Madeleine was standing in front of them as Charles was holding onto Hope's hand tightly nervous in meeting his future bride seeing as he wasn't used to meet new people. "Go and introduce yourself" The Dauphin instructed his brother bending down to his height encouraging his youngest brother but Charles just shook his head with wide eyes too nervous to move a muscle or speak at all.