Mary frowned as she raised her eyebrows at Cathrine before turning her attention to King Henry and suggested," perhaps I can go with Francis? I came here, too, when I was a child. Perhaps I can reassure her" Henry raised his brows as he turned to face Mary with a look of confusion on his face and pointed out, "It's several hours journey"

"Then we'll take food and treats. I don't mind, really" Mary resorted with a smile on her face causing Cathrine to huff in annoyance as she looked at her husband and suggested, " on second thought, why don't we great the girl here. We don't know, the journey might not be safe."

"They'll stay on the King's Road a dozen well-armed guards will keep any bandits away. Perhaps Hope could go with them she did move to France when she was Madeleine's age." King Henry commented narrowing his eyes at his wife before turning his attention to his guards and ordered, "Prepare a carriage for Mary Queen of Scotland"

Cathrine gritted her teeth in annoyance only to smirk tauntingly at Mary who's face dropped once Henry mentioned Hope's name. Mary had hoped this would give her an opportunity to grow closer to Francis but with Hope around there's no way that was going to happen. The auburn haired girl was about to leave the room with Francis but was stopped by her father who grabbed her arm gently, " When you get back we need to talk"

Hope frowned as she stared at her father nodding her head in agreement watching as Charles walked out of the room with Jonathan with an confused look on her face before turning her attention to Francis who slung his arm around her shoulder leading her out of the throne room.

❀❀❀❀

" she even smells nice" Charles tormenting told his brother with a mischievous smirk on his face as he turned his gaze to his brother who was watching Hope sleep with a look of awe and adoration on his face as he knew how his brother felt about the auburn haired girl, it was quite clear that Francis was in love with Hope.

Charles had grown up with Hope as was always there for him whenever he needed her, he had come to see her as another sister. Hope, Mary and Charles were playing all sorts of games on their journey to need Madeline before the two girls had fallen asleep not that Francis had blamed Hope as she had gone through some thing traumatic the night before.

Francis sighed rolling his eyes turning his gaze away from Hope with a look of amusement on his face at the fact he had gotten caught staring at her with an awe-struck expression on his face and mumbled under his breathe, " I know" Charles looked up at his older brother with a look of curiosity on his face and questioned, " I know that you have to marry, Mary, but why can't you marry, Hope, when she's the one that you really love?"

" it's a lot complicated, Charlie." Francis spoke as he sighed heavily and told his brother, " you'll understand when your older that you can't marry for love only alliance especially since we are the sons of the King and Queen of France" Charles frowned with an confused frown on his face as he stared at his brother before moving his gaze over towards Hope as while he liked Mary he grew up with the auburn haired girl and knew how much she made his brother happy.

It didn't take long until the carriage came to a stop causing Hope's eyes to flicker open knowing that they have arrived at the place where they would meet Madeleine. Francis held his hand out helping Mary out of the carriage as Hope was about to follow when suddenly Charles spoke up and questioned, " Can I finish my puzzle?"

Francis stuck his head into the window of the carriage with a warm smile on his face as he informed Charles, "we'll come for you once the girl's boat has come ashore." Hope sweeped some of Charles hair from his eyes with a smile before grabbing ahold of Francis hand who helped her down from the carriage.