25.

chapter twenty-five:
saying goodbye is hard.

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

the dump
"dude, where is he?" kie asked in worry as her and amelia stood on the port, waiting around for john b to finally arrive.

"give him a second. he'll be here." pope told kie as he tied up the rope for the phantom, getting it ready for john b.

"he's coming!" jj shouted from inside the boat. "he'll be fine!"

amelia grabbed her best friends hand with a small smile, "it's john b we're talking about. he's okay."

literally two seconds after amelia's reassurance, a cop suv pulled up, making her swear under her breath as she quickly moved towards the boat, "we've got a visitor!"

"hey, yeah. get back on the boat!" jj rushed his friends, also seeing the suv. "untie it!"

while her friends began to get the boat ready, amelia stopped moving when she looked back and saw a familiar set of curls pop out of the vehicle, making her laugh, "guys, stop! it's jb!"

when hearing that, all three teenagers stopped what they were doing and turned to look, seeing amelia embrace the routledge boy.

"wha-how the fuck did you get this?!" amelia questioned when she let go of john b, looking at the cop car in shock.

"you gotta be kidding me!" jj smiled as he hugged his best friend.

"shoupe let me take it for a spin." the routledge boy told his friends, a smirk on his lips.

"okay. that's believable. i'll buy that for now." kie laughed as she hugged john b.

"it wasn't easy, bro, but i got the phantom for you, and she runs like she was made yesterday." jj told john b, throwing the keys to the boat to the brunette boy.

"yeah, he got it all by himself." amelia sarcastically told john b, making her friends laugh.

amelia felt warmth blossoming over her as she looked at her friends smiling, making them look younger.

in all honesty, as much as amelia loves helping  find the gold, she misses the days where her and her friends just simply hung out. doing things teenagers would do.

"okay, you ready to go?" jj asked john b, pulling amelia out of her thoughts.

before he answered, the routledge boy looked around and realised someone was missing, "where's sarah?"