Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

"Can I see?" Asks Spade, only for him to be hit in the back of the head by Ian. "What? I am the one married to a shapeshifter, I should be allowed to see another!"

"Maybe once we save the little girl perhaps?" Ian rolls his eyes "Distracted bloke, you are. Come on,"

The team goes back to walking in silence, until they hear new footsteps walking towards them. The group slows down, anticipation sinking in. Some stop and take on a protective stance, fists up. Mencheres, the tallest of the group, moves to stand next to Ian in front. With Mencheres being the strongest with his telekinetic abilities Mal finds herself looking around, trying to see what commotion that power could have in the small cave. Mal couldn't see anything that could be lifted and thrown around though. If Mencheres tried he could take a wall down, but with them being underwater that would cause more trouble than good.

"Ian?" Says a new voice, "Oh Ian, you've returned and on such a magical day!" Finally a vampire appears. He's a shorter man with light brown hair and scruffy facial hair, green eyes and a wide smile with crooked teeth.

"Hello, Timothy," Ian sighs out in a mix of temper and relief. "I have come to ask you a few questions."

"No time for questions, Ian!" Timothy says that wide smile never leaving his face "It's time for Him to rise."

Mal flinches as Timothy's smile begins to look a little crazed.

"The gift of life has come to save him," Timothy continues a chuckle escaping his lips.

"The gift of life?" Ian questions "What is the gift of life?"

"We found her and brought her here, she is being prepared for the ceremony."

Ceremony?

It takes a moment but Mal watches as Ian begins to play the role of another excited cultist. "Where is she? I have to see her." Ian says and he tries to match Timothy's energy - that same crazed look on his face. Timothy's smile falters though.

"As great as it is to see your enjoyment of the news... The gift of life cannot be seen by any man until it is time for the ceremony." he looks at Ian like he can't believe he didn't already know this "We cannot bother the gift of life until she is ready for her sacrifice."

"What is her sacrifice, Timothy?" but we all already know the answer to that question.

"She has it inside of her, the perfect blood to let Father rise again." Timothy says and even jumps with anticipation "Today is the day, she is being prepared but no man shall see her until she is ready for the ceremony."

Mencheres steps forward and looks down at Timothy who smiles back up at him. "Hello, friend of Ian. Are you all here to watch Cain rise?" The vampire looks around the group, that crazed smile back in full fledged as he meets everyone's eyes. When he sees Maleficent, he stops, his head leaning to the side as he stares at her.

"Would you like to help the gift prepare for the ceremony, Miss?"

Mal stumbles for a moment. "I can see her?"

One of the only people who Katie has never met or heard of before. Katie the literal killing machine created by the US government. Mal groans inwardly, if this child has been kidnapped and another random person tries to help her... Mal could be up for a fight with a child who only knows how to protect herself.

"Of course, other women can help the gift of life prepare for sacrifice." Timothy nods

"Let me see her then,"

"Come," Timothy says and reaches a hand out to Maleficent. He turns back to the men of the group, nods his head at them then walks with Maleficent hand and hand down the hallway. "How nice of Ian to bring a woman who can help the gift of life prepare for her sacrifice. Truly great thinking on his part, the gift shouldn't have to be alone to prepare for this moment."