"Hello? Earth to Indigo?" She says, waving her spatula at me.

           I blink, clearing my throat, "Sorry, what?"

            Sadie huffs, "Where the fuck are you?"

         "I'm right here, Sadie," I say back to her, pulling one of the kitchen seats out, lowering g myself down, "I'm stressed about my internship is all."

          "Oh." She wrinkles her nose a little, and then sits down her spatula and comes to perch on the table by me. "That's not for like a week, still, right?"

         I nod back. God, I'm awful. I'm not stressed about my internship at all. In fact, I'm beyond excited about it. Literally, I'm counting down the days until I get to start.

       She shrugs, patting me on the cheek, "Babe, you'll do fine. You're artsy as fuck. You'll like fit right in. With all the other artsy fuckers."

        "You have such a filthy mouth," I say, forcing a laugh.

          Sadie waggles her eyebrows, "Funny. That's what some boy down in 'bama said to me, too."

My mouth falls open. Between the two of us, Sadie is easily the more crude of us— she actually prefers hook up culture to the white picket lifestyle I prefer. I can't ever recall a time where she had a boyfriend.

"Sadie Heather!"

She waggles her eyebrows, licking her lips, "Mm hmm."

"You are so foul," I tell her, though I know I'm not any better. I may prefer to be in a relationship. I may feel sick to my stomach for hours after Kolby and I hook up, but I'm still getting it on with someone I'm not in a relationship with.

"You mean to tell me you never sucked Greer's dick? Shit, babe, no wonder he dumped you."

I frown. Sadie doesn't know that Greer cheated on me. Hell, no one knows. I had been to wound up and focused on saying fuck his to really spread the wonder.

"I did," I say quietly.

Sadie's blue eyes soften, "I'm sorry. I took that too far."

                I shrug. And then I swallow, gulping down my salvia. If I can't be honest with her about my current predicament, at least I can be honest with her about Greer and his shit ways.

             My tongue jutts out to moisten my lips, which all of a sudden feel dry and flaky. I take a deep breath and look up at my best friend. I can already feel tears welling in my eyes, recounting the conversation in Greer and Lionel's apartment.

          "Shit, Indigo," Sadie says, hastily looping her toned arms around me, "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have said that. Fuck, I don't even know why I did. I'm so so so sorry babe."

         I pull back from her, using the back of my hand to wipe at my tears, shaking my head vigorously, "No, it's not that." I'm a blubbering mess, my lips quivering. "Greer cheated on me."

         Sadie springs to her feet, "Oh that spoiled piece of shit! I'm going to find him, and I'm going to castrate his useless ass motherfucking stupid prick dick."

           "No you're not," I tell her calmly, grabbing her hands in mine.

           "Like hell I am!" Sadie tries to pull free, but my grip on her hands only tighten, "Indigo Marie Brown if you do not let go of me so I can go slice open your ex boyfriends balls I will —."