He sent a small smile, a thankful one before he gestured you to follow him. "I'll tell you on the way, there's something that we need to test, and you're the only one that can help."

With those words, you could only curiously frown. You wondered what did the detective mean by that. Nonetheless, you followed him to his small car, as he drove with a destination in mind, leading you on a small mission.

Chapter Forty

As the kind man he was, Tsukauchi seemed to have known you hadn't had your fair share of breakfast and had brought you something to snack on. Once again, he apologized for the abruptness, as you chewed on the mini-mart readymade sandwich, biting through the lettuce mayo clustered bread.

Amidst the chewing, you can't help but find it to be a bit of a strange situation, as it's rare for the detective to ask for your help for his investigation. He tended to be incredibly secretive about things, even regarding the Pokemon organization you're affiliated with. But you trusted this man, you knew him for a while, and he's always helping out the Pokémon's cause. It's only right that you returned that notion, but then a sense of worry drowses you.

This isn't about Gardevoir and the others, right?

Sure, it's not for sure that the people's opinion had a 180' degree spin a day to hatred towards the Pokemon, but you were sure you garnered enough interested cheers to make sure Gardevoir doesn't get taken away from you, right?

You fiddled with the sandwich nervously, side-eyeing the detective driving the car leisurely. Shifting in the tiny space you had, you argued with yourself on whether you should ask, or stay completely quiet.

Sensing your worries, perhaps from the way you paused mid-bite, Tsukauchi talked. "Ah-about Gardevoir." You flinched, putting your full attention completely on him. Tsukauchi let a small kind smile, that eased your nervous-rampaging brain. "There's nothing for you to worry about, after everything that went down, I'm sure the commissioner was impressed."

That completely calmed you down, and you went back to chewing. The tension was completely washed away as you slumped gratefully. Although his words aren't certain to be the outcome of the commissioner's decision, you at least know that your Pokemon are still going to stay with you for the time being. You reached a hand to your heart, thankful, as you attempted to squeeze it to calm it.

You drifted your gaze back to the Detective, curiosity lingering through them. "Then, what is this about...?"

The Detective calmly turned to the intersection, a silence enveloping the car as he does so. When a considerable amount of time has passed of you just eating and Tsukauchi driving, he began. "It wasn't my first choice to do this, but we wanted to test this out-in fact, you're our last option." The investigator started, as you chewed the snack lazily, cut evenly into two triangular-shaped sandwiches. He sent you a glance. "It's about the Nomu."

You sat a little straighter, curiously side-eyeing the man. "...The Nomu from USJ?" You asked, more like trying to affirm. You felt a little nervous at the strange creature being brought up, looking out the window to try to guess where you were heading. "...What about the Nomu?"

The Detective began his usual authority dance and what-not, speaking ever so kindly. "I'm not asking you to help out completely with the investigation, but after All Might's share of input regarding it..." You narrowed your eyes in confusion. "We decided we could give it a chance."

You contemplated. All Might's input? Regarding the Nomu? You looked off, thinking about what the blond, heroic man could possibly have said to get you into this situation, but then you remembered.