pt 2

"wait, weren't you in some sort of play a while back? like, a shakespeare i think." you swear you've seen him before, but then again new york makes it easy to have seen every face on the planet.

he lowers his eyes and pushes back his hat for a minute. taron looks slightly uncomfortable, but when he readjusts his hat, his eyes fall directly into yours.

"umm, yeah! i cant recall which play it was exactly, but i think i know what you're saying. did i wear a-um-a dress?" he smirks and winks.

you silently gasp. you cant be swooning right now; this is vacation, damn it!!!

"that sounds sort of right. like, a red cocktail sort of dress?" you laugh.

"mhmmm,"
wow.
even when he doesn't say any words his voice is hot.

"well?" he says.

oh shit.
what was he saying?!
were you too encapsulated in his brown eyes that you missed something he said? he probably told you to leave.

"well what?" you reply..."smooth" you think.

he chuckles lightly and says, "what is your name?"

"oh! right, sorry. i'm y/n.".
"y/n?"
"yep."
"hm"
"what?"
"you look familiar as well...like someone i know"
"who? i may know them," lie. but you are drawn in on what he's like and who he knows.

"my girlfriend...old girlfriend. but you're much prettier," taron says.

wait, did he just say that? apparently.

"and likely more loyal," he adds as his eyes slide down your body. you wouldn't consider yourself very large (horizontally or vertically), but taron takes his time examining your slight curve inward around your waist. it is accented from your crop top, but you never imagined that it would result in a stare this deep.
you feel your face go hot, and avoid eye contact.

"are you alone here?" you ask him.

you aren't uncomfortable, but you definitely aren't relaxed. it feels like the oxygen has been shortened. that there's only so much left for you to breathe in per inhale.

"mhmm," he responds, "i just wanted to come out here to unwind for a bit." taron explains. his accent turns words like "wanted" into "wonted". that makes you want to hear him more—talk to you more.

you are unsure on what to say back.
"that's nice."

you both pause for a moment, letting the cicadas have their turn singing.

"did you, uh, happen to hear someone singing earlier?" you ask, "i was humming a song and i heard someone else sing it too, i think."

"elton john?"

you nod.

"yeah! i thought that was awfully funny. you see, im training for a movie called Rocketman about elton johns life. and for that role i have to get all his songs down right." taron elaborates, "so when i heard you singing, i decided to make a duet?"

he ends the last sentence as a question, as though he's asking for your permission, even if he already sung.

you smile back at him softly, "that's really interesting about your role-"

you stop as taron holds up a hand to you.
"sorry to interrupt you lovely, but your smile is gorgeous. your boyfriend, or girlfriend, is very fortunate to have you," he flirts.

you examine your feet to make sure you're not floating away and reply, "actually i'm very single,"

"really?"
he says it with such shock you're not sure if you should be flattered or embarrassed. realizing your face still feels hot, you tell yourself it's proabably both.

you stand there together, with him rocking left to right. he's on an imaginary sailboat, swaying gently.
he smells like salty air at the beach and soft vanilla. it entices you and makes you want to pull him into you. like a devouring hunger.

"suppose i should return your friends dog now, huh?" he chuckles softly and turns to look for dixie.
he calls her over: "here, sweet girl!" (coming out as "gerl")
dixie comes bounding back to you, and you clip her back into her leash.
"well, i guess i'll see you 'round then?" taron says, posing a question while slowly stepping toward the porch.
without thinking, you grab his wrist and pull him back to you. taron slightly stumbles and laughs.
his nose now practically touches yours, and you grin as taron teasingly bats his lashes.
"well?" he asks
"let's go out," you instruct him, with a sudden dominance you didn't know you possessed.
"alright darling. tonight-my house. i have wine and a hot tub."
"i'm a bourbon type of girl" you smirk back
"perfect. me too...minus the girl part of course,"
you roll your eyes in response and feel your hand being brought up by his.
his brown eyes stay connected to yours while kissing your hand.
"true royalty, eh?" you joke
"anything for a princess," taron replies
"smooth," you reply aloud, "i'll see you soon,"
he blows you a kiss as you walk away. you pretend to catch it, throw it onto the ground, and stomp on it. neither of you can contain your laughter.
his real laugh comes out higher pitched than his voice, something that makes you more attracted to him.

something you didn't think was possible.