Moon Over Bourbon Street

Start from the beginning

Hayley looked at the Mikaelson heartedly, "No, actually, I don't! Because I didn't even know what you were doing out here until someone else told me. Tell me something, Elijah. Did you leave the werewolves out because of me?"

Elijah sighed in irritation before speaking calmly, "I excluded them because they no longer reside in the French Quarter. My immediate concern is to end the mounting conflict here. Now, I can assure you once this treaty is solidified, it will expand to include your people."

Hayley's voice turned incredulous as she crossed her arms, "And until then, I should tell them what? Sit? Stay? Roll over?"

Elijah suddenly shouted in frustration, "I would prefer that you remove yourself from the process all together!"

Hayley leaned back as if struck before she glared at him in anger.

Elijah, realising that he was speaking quite rudely, sighed deeply to calm himself. He looked at Hayley with soft demeanour before speaking softly, "Hayley, are you absolutely certain that you shouldn't return to the compound?"

Hayley laughed out sarcastically, "You think the baby belongs there? You think that's where she'll be safe?"

Elijah retorted back just as quickly, "Is the Bayou any better?"

Hayley looked up at him with a stern look, "The wolves deserve a voice. Give them one. You know it's the right thing to do."

She turned around swiftly to head back to the Bayou, leaving Elijah to consider her argument.

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

Nikole was painting while Genevieve updated her on the events of the day, wearing only a robe and her underwear.

Genevieve looked at her in amusement, "You should have seen your brother's face when Hayley walked in."

Nikole nodded as she asked, "The Crescent curse is broken, then?"

The red head witch sighed before she asked her the serious question, "Do you believe this will actually work? That we can finally have some semblance of peace in this city?"

Suddenly, Cami walked into the room unannounced, interrupting their conversation.

Nikole looked up as she heard the footsteps.

"I saw the light from the courtyard and took a chance that..." Cami stopped when she noticed Genevieve standing in her underwear, "You weren't with a half-naked psycho-witch. Seems I gambled and lost." She finished with an unamused stare.

Genevieve looked at her with a smirk, "Ten minutes ago, I was fully naked."

Cami scoffed sarcastically, "Oh!
Then you served your purpose. Don't let me hold you up."

The witch gave her a tight smile, "You O'Connells sure do love to piss off witches."

As the younger women traded words, Nikole continued to look at them, lips quirked up in amusement.

When the witch left the room Cami turned around to look at the Hybrid in disbelief.

"Really? The woman tried to blackmail me into stabbing you with the mystical knife of excruciating pain!" Cami spoke up incredulously as she crossed her arms.

Nikole looked at Cami with a shrug, "Well, New Orleans breeds nothing if not strange bedfellows, but I assume you're not here to question me on my leisure activities."

Cami rolled her eyes before speaking up, "I'm here about my uncle. He's deteriorating. The pills, the meditation, they're not working. His lucidity's shrinking by the day. A witch did this, a witch can undo it. You seem super-tight with Genevieve... maybe you could persuade her to help."