Moon Over Bourbon Street

Start from the beginning

Jackson and Hayley went inside, where the rest of the Crescent wolves were setting the table for dinner.

"You gotta try Tucker's ribs." Jackson pointed as he looked at the food.

Hayley looked at Jackson playfully, "Then, what? Then we're gonna go play horseshoes?"

Jackson laughed heartily, "Hey! Don't mock country living, darlin'."

"Sorry. This is just a lot more family fun than I'm used to." Hayley shrugged with a content smile.

Jackson stared at her intently, "Well, maybe I can help you get used to it."

Oliver joined them from behind as he spoke up sarcastically, "Then all we got to do is just forget that she spent half her life with humans, and the other half with vampires."

Jackson stood up straighter as she stepped towards the wolf, "Ollie, back off."

Hayley stopped Jackson and looked at him with a cold smile, "It's okay. If the runt of the litter has got something to say, he should say it."

Oliver gave her a tight smile, "You know, word from the Quarter is your boy Elijah's holding some kind of power summit. Guess who wasn't invited?"

Hayley's face dropped, "Where did you hear this?"

Oliver waved her off as he looked at her pointedly, "It doesn't matter. The point is is that we're stuck here living in the swamp, while your vampire boyfriend's deciding who gets what in the city. But, I guess that shows how much respect he's got for the werewolves, huh?"

ST. ANNE'S CHURCH

The summit was set in the church as the representative sat on their respective chairs. Elijah was standing at the end of the table as he told them his terms.

Everyone was arguing over Elijah's new terms. Shouting over each other.

Diego shouted in outrage, "This is our city, too! We should be able to go wherever the hell we want!"

Genevieve scowled and yelled over Diego's shouts, "We would consider it an act of war!"

Kieran glared around at the supernaturals, looking agitated and pale, "We're getting nowhere. You vile creatures cannot agree."

Elijah silenced them all as he finally raised his voice, "Father, calm yourself, please." As everyone quietened down. He lowered his voice to a normal tone, "Thank you. Now returning to the issue of boundaries, you will all heed to the following--

Their discussion was interrupted by Hayley, who walked inside snd crashed their meeting.

Haykey scowled as she looked at the people inside, "Are you serious? You're dividing up the city, and the werewolves don't even get a say?"

Diego angrily stood up to point at Hayley, "What the hell is she doing here?"

Elijah looked at the vampire sternly, "Diego, sit. We are not dividing the city. We're establishing boundaries--

He was once again cut off by the werewolf.

Hayley spoke up disbelievingly, "No, Elijah! There is not gonna be a peace if the werewolves are excluded. They want a seat at the table."

Diego and Genevieve both scoffed loudly.

Hayley simply rolled her eyes before she continued, "And if they don't get one, I can guarantee that you will all regret it."

The leaders all begin to argue again and Elijah pulled Hayley aside to talk to her privately. He looked at her with a clenched jaw as he gestured with his hands, "Do you have any idea what it took just to get those people in one room together?"