Chapters 14 & 15 Brendan's POV

Start from the beginning

"Thank you," I tell her.

"Oh, no need to thank me," she says. "I'm happy to help."

"When will the others be here?" My mom asks.

"Any minute now," I look down at my phone. It's 3:45.

"Alright, I'll take Mandy on in and show her some of the recorded conversations. Just let us know when you need her," my mom says, and the two of them leave the living room.

I've hardly sat down when there's a knock at the door. I stand up, a little irritated, and walk over to the door, opening it. Danny, Drew, and Lili all stand before me.

Drew's arm is hanging over Lili's shoulder and I want to puke. Really, I just want to pull his arm out of its socket. I force myself to look away from them.

I move to the side so they can enter, then we settle ourselves into the living room. I sit on the same chair I usually do, then Drew and Lili sit next to each other. Danny is a ways away from them.

"We've just got to wait for Missy and Karen to get here," I say, trying not to pay attention to how close Lili and Drew are sitting.

"What's the meeting about?" Lili asks, and I meet her eyes. Those innocent eyes. I mentally cringe, knowing how hurt by this she's going to be.

"There are some changes that my mom and I think are necessary," I explain as vaguely as possible.

"What kind of a change?" Drew asks, raising his eyebrows.

"I'll tell you when the others get here," I say, annoyed that he's speaking to me.

There's a silence now. Danny stares at the floor. Drew is watching Lili as she takes out her phone. Every time he shifts closer to her, the more I realize that what I'm doing is for the best.

"Hey Lili, I forgot to ask, have you told your mom about us?" Drew asks, looking at Lili. She meets his eyes, mouth open, but not replying.

Is Drew trying to shove this all in my face? Does he find this entertaining? I watch Lili carefully, waiting for her answer, but none's forthcoming. She looks constricted.

"Lili? Are you okay?" Drew asks, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Lili quickly nods her head, replying now. "Yeah. Yeah, she knows about us."

I see Drew's smirk and ball up my fists. Annoyance and jealousy are boiling in every part of me. I don't think I can sit here much longer. Not knowing what kind of person he is. He's a player, and I think Lili has the right to know that before she lets herself get dragged into that. She's too innocent.

"Drew, you remember Darla right? Your first girlfriend?" I blurt out without really thinking it through first.

"Yeah," Drew answers, looking confused. I know better than to think he doesn't know what I'm implying. "What about it?"

"And then LeAnn a week later, while you were still dating Darla?" I ask, and his furious gaze burns into mine. I don't look away. I want him to know that I'm not letting this happen.

"I wasn't dating them at the same time. LeAnn and I were friends," Drew falsely defends, narrowing his eyes at me.

"And a month later, you moved on to Breanna? Or was is Alexis? Maybe Cheyenne? I seem to get all your past girlfriends mixed up," I ask, sparing a glance at Lili, whose eyes are wide. I have to keep telling myself, it's better she knows now than later.

"What are you doing?" Drew asks. "Are you jealous?"

Yes. "No, I was just confused. I mean, what's your record for keeping a girl before they find out you've switched to another?"