42. secret admirer?

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Aera's POV

"Jake please open up. I'm sorry." I cried out banging on his door. But the guy wouldn't answer let alone actually open the door. I had been outside his room for almost half an hour now but he wouldn't open up. I fell on the floor sobbing as his mother came up to me. "Aera. Dear please what happened?" She was dead worried as I shook my head. I felt too guilty and ashamed to even say anything. "I messed up." I just cried out as she sighed hugging me.

-

"She's here, isn't she?" I heard the voice say out from the room as the other voice agreed. I sniffled wiping my tears again as I sobbed holding the tissue box in front of me. Jay entered the room sighing. I had stayed over at his place last night. Jungwon entered the room following him as the guy looked at me. "Aera you've been crying since last night." Jay said out as I looked away balling out my fists.

Jungwon came towards me as he pulled me into a hug making me even more emotional. "You're so messed up Aera." He said out pulling away seeing my broken state as Jay sat on his couch looking at us both. I looked at them and wiped my tears. "How do I even get this right?" I said out in confusion as Jay walked towards me sitting on the bed.

"You messed it up. So you need to fix it all. I know you're hurting too Aera. But Jake. I can't even imagine how he's doing right now." I hated Jay for being this straightforward. He wasn't helping here but was making me feel worse. "Hyung you're bad at this." Jungwon said and looked back at me. "Get up girl. Wipe your tears. Go beg him to forgive you." He said out as I sniffed wiping my tears.

"Sunghoon isn't taking my calls." I said out to myself as I looked through my calls. I didn't know why but before I went to Jake's, I needed to tell Sunghoon and clear him up with everything. So here I was standing in front of his house. The door was opened by a sad Yeji. "What's wrong?" I said out but she didn't reply and stayed silent. Entering I saw all the bags as I saw Sunghoon chain up the last suitcase as he noticed me. "Aera.." he said out as I neutrally waved at him.

"You're leaving?" I asked him as the guy nodded. So he was leaving once again.

-

Jake's POV

"Son please have something. You're worrying me." My mom said out from outside the room as I barely could look at the sunlight after staying in the dark for too long. My eyes were all swelled up and my hands were still shaking. I was no way over what happened last night. But I wasn't willing to make my mom worry about me so I went outside as she was relieved.

"What happened between you and Aera, Jake? Please tell me." She was dead worried. I didn't want to talk about Aera to anyone but I decided to tell the woman in front about everything.

-

The house was now empty as everyone was out working. I stayed over and continued staring at the wall as I let myself sit on the floor for hours. It felt like things were repeating itself. The doorbell rang as I decided to not take it. But it didn't stop annoying me as I decided to see who came over. Opening the door, my eyes met a pair of another swollen eyes as mine turned cold. It was Aera. I was going to shut the door again but she didn't let me. "Jake please hear me out." Her voice was hurting me itself. I didn't want to speak to her. Not now. Not ever.

"Jake just hear me out once. I'm really sorry." Her voice broke as I still tried to close the door. Please don't do this Aera. I really didn't have any strength left anymore. "What do you want?" I coldly said looking at her red watery eyes feeling nothing but anger. I was tired. So tired of everything. "I'm sorry baby. Please I love you-" I didn't want to hear those words anymore. It all seemed fake to me.

"I'm sorry Aera. My heart hurts. It's hurts so bad. I can't handle it anymore." I slowly said not looking at her eyes anymore.

Aera's POV

A tear slipped off my eyes as I froze hearing Jake's words. He was giving up. He couldn't handle it anymore. And it was all because of me. I hurt him too much. I couldn't say anything more and just let the guy slam the door shut right in front of my face as I stood outside his house crying slowly yet once again. It's me who broke him apart. And he was giving up on me.

But I wasn't ready to give up on him.

Not now. Not ever.

-

Few days later.

Putting the bag of cookies in front of the particular house, I sighed staring at it for a while. Will it go into waste again? Jake ignored me like I never existed again. I wanted him to be angry at me and all but he wouldn't even look at me. But I wasn't letting myself give up here. I won't let one mistake ruin it all. I wasn't willing to. So smiling, I stood up and breathed heavily before walking to my college for another day.

I yawned closing my eyes as the bus moved to the respective destination. As if luck was on my side, our university had announced that it was going to celebrate this year's annual sport along with another university together which happen to be Jake's one. And I couldn't let this opportunity go to waste. Walking inside Jake's university where we all planned out the events, I told Jungwon and Niki to carry on as they sighed. "You stayed up all night making him all sorts of things which he never accepted. I can't with you, noona." Niki sounded done at this point but I just sighed smiling.

I secretly went towards Jake's classroom as I saw the people playing around. Fortunately Jake was here yet. Quietly placing the handmade letter, I made for me, I walked out of the classroom only to meet Heeseung. We hadn't talked properly after that day either. It seemed like he was angry at me. But the guy softly smiled at me continued going to his classroom as I breathed out.

Jake's POV

"I'm leaving." I muttered out opening the door as I saw the familiar box of cookies I had been seeing for the past few days. I knew it was Aera's doings. Sighing I ignored them and walked to my car to drive to uni. Entering the crowded places with twice the number of students due to the annual sports, I tried not mingling around with anyone and walked straight to my class. Classes were calm since everyone was busy preparing for the event and I was glad I hadn't participated.

I was going to sit at my respective chair when I saw another letter that I had seen last day too. Sighing I grabbed and threw it on the bin going back to my seat.

-

Aera's eyes were on me all throughout recess. The girl just wouldn't give up at all even though she knew I was doing everything to avoid her. And it pissed me off. It pissed me off seeing her overwork it all for no reason.

| | • • • • • | |

(Unedited cause studies are killing me ☹😭)