Part 4- Perfect.

"It's always been the same Sage, I just have never truly realised it as much as I have these past couple of weeks" Loki's voice lowered and you could hear that he was fighting back his tears.

You gripped a little tighter onto his hand and looked into his eyes sympathetically, "You have me, I'm always going to be here, right by your side whether you want me to be there or not" you said in a hushed tone.

You knew that you couldn't say anything to make him feel any better, none of your comforting words truly mattered.

"I think now that I'm a little older my eyes have been opened fully, I mean how was I so blind not to see the truth?"

You hated seeing Loki hurt, the fact that you couldn't do anything to change how he was feeling felt like a knife in the chest, you were his best friend. You were supposed to come up with the right words to make him feel even just a little better, but you couldn't.

"It's not hard to notice, Sage you must have noticed how my father favorites Thor. It's like I don't belong here, in this family. He has his perfect son, the perfect heir to the throne why would he want someone as troublesome as me, why would anyone want me"

You wanted him. He wasn't only your best friend but your family, being with him felt like you were home.

"Nobody's perfect" you reply "you are far more important to me than anyone else, especially Thor, maybe your father can't see what a great person you are but I certainly do"

He couldn't help but smile at your effort to make him feel a little better.

He would forever be thankful that he found you, some days he wondered how he ever got so lucky to have you in his life.

"You know" he said moving closer to
you, "I think you're right Sage, nobody is perfect, everyone has there own flaws, but you.. I think you're just about as close to the word perfect as it gets"

You roll your eyes in disbelief, "yeah right" you mutter softly under your breath.

"No I'm being serious" he said sternly.

"Without you, I don't think that I would be where I am today, you saved me Sage, you saved me without even knowing, and if I have to live my life knowing that I can only rely on you, not even my own blood, so be it."

You nudged his shoulder and looked down at the ground with a smile.

"Well i don't want to get all sentimental but you are definitely my favourite person on this realm Loki" you reply, looking back into his eyes.

"I'm not as good as Thor but you are truly the only person who I would do anything for Sage" he continued.

"Will you stop comparing yourself to your brother" you exclaimed "you couldn't do anything to make me hate you, i choose you today, I choose you tomorrow and I will keep choosing you every single day after that, forever."

"Forever" he smirked, jumping to his feet.

He held his hands out infront of you, gesturing for you to grab a hold of them.

Loki's Pov:
I have read hundreds of books, I told myself that true affection isn't real, that it only exists between pages, but right now, in this moment, staring at the tiny details of her face, listening to her comforting words, I finally believe in that silly little thing called love. It was in that second that everything almost fell into place, everything was clear to me, all of the times I questioned myself, why I couldn't pull my eyes away from her, the way I'm amazed wherever she talks about something she's passionate about, I would sacrifice absolutely everything to be with her, for an infinity of pain is nothing compared to potentially not having her by my side, because I love her.

Trying not to make her aware that I'm staring, I closed my hand on top of her's and cleared my throat. I don't want my feelings known, it would ruin our relationship.