•••

Anita is awoken to the sounds of soft singing and is confused when she wakes up and sees Loki stood at the bar. He is singing a song in his native tongue. She is enchanted. It is as if he has put a spell on her and she is falling into a trap. It is so serene. She notices the woman next to her is more confused and concerned than anything when he continues singing before he comes to the end of the song and people start to cheer for him.
"To Sylvie everybody!" He pauses and turns to the girl who is now staring at him solemnly.
"And to my darling Anita" he nods towards her making the girl blush lightly, turning her head away so that he can't see.
Sylvie stands angrily and walks over to him as she drags him to the side, the younger girl making her way over to the pair.
"You're drunk" Sylvie accuses him.
"No, I'm just full, but bear in mind, I'm very full"
"Now I need you two to try this, it pairs very nicely with the Eiggy Port, who's got the Eiggy Port?" he smiles as he holds out a dish for them.
Anita reaches for it before the woman next to her slaps her hand away. This makes the girl frown as she moves closer to Loki.
"Wheres your uniform? We're meant to be laying low"
"Nobody cares, it's the end of the world"
"I think somethings happening"
"Yes uh that planet is about to crash into us"
"Don't be an ass, I saw some people looking at us weirdly"
"What? When did you get so paranoid?"
"It must have started when I spent my entire life running from the ominous fascists you work for"
"It's a shame to let that go to waste, hey! Change of subject, I thought of an answer"
"To what?"
"Your question" he pauses to look at her before he turns to look into the other girls eyes, holding the stare.
"Love is a dagger" he tells them as he makes one appear.
Anita is confused as to why he is looking to her when he says that. He could not be talking about her directly.
"It's a weapon to be wielded far away or up close, you can see yourself in it, it's beautiful, until it makes you bleed" he continues as he turns the sharp object around so the blade is pointing to him.
"But ultimately when you reach for it"
Which is what Anitas hand does before it disappears before her eyes.
"It isn't real" Sylvie snaps bluntly.
"Yeah"
"Love is an imaginary dagger?" She asks making him tear his eyes away from the girl he had been admiring.
"Doesn't make sense does it?"
"No, terrible metaphor"
"Damn I thought I had something there" he mutters slightly upset.
But the assassin knew what he meant. She had spent a lifetime without it and she could only imagine that it didn't come easily. It wasn't like the fairytales she read as a child.
They hear the doors open and turn to see a man pointing at them with a bunch of guards by his side. Loki pushes the girl behind him so that he can protect her. An unspoken agreement they have come to.
"Stay cool, it's gonna be fine" the variants agree.
"Sir can I see your tickets?" A guard asks as he walks up to them.
"You again, hello! Um yes tickets, here they are" he says as he attempts to conjure a pair up before he realises that he is only producing mini fireworks in his palm.
"Oops, still it looks lovely doesn't it" he tries to argue before his arms are brought behind his back making Sylvie pull their companion behind her realising they should probably protect her.
"Look is this really necessary? There is a simple explanation" he says before another guard puts his hands on him and he hits them off before he starts attacking them.
Sylvie starts fighting against the guards and Anita is left in the middle, reaching for her gun shakily before she holds it up in defence. She feels someone grab at her and she flips herself over their shoulder before she shoots at them, missing slightly and almost hitting someone else. She then starts hitting back at them as they come for her before she feels a draft and notices that someone has been thrown through the window, smashing the glass. She turns back and continues fighting before she holds the gun out and pulls the trigger. A single bullet flies through the air almost in slow motion as she watches it go through their chest, killing them instantly. She stares in shock realising that was her first time killing someone whilst awake. She was under no ones control. She was a murderer. The guards blood seeped into her shoes as she watched it flow from the lifeless body. She reaches down and presses her hands to the floor, letting the red liquid stain her palms as she tries to conceal a cry. She is brought out of that however when she is thrown out of the train. She goes soaring through the air before she lands harshly on the ground, her head smacking off whatever was lying beneath her.
She takes a minute to think about what she has done before she starts crying. She is well and truly a Dreykov creation. He would've pat her head and told her she did a good job if he'd seen what she had done.
After a few more minutes, she sees a figure walking towards her and she stands, pulling the gun up to face them, the liquid still covering her hands. When they get closer, she sees that it is Loki but she stands her ground.
"What? Are you scared of me now?" He jokes before he sees that she is pointing the gun over his shoulder and her eyes are stoic.
"I'm scared of most things but nothing will scare me more than what has been infused into my own brain"
"Then put the gun down"
"I can't"
"Will you let me help you?" He asks and she nods as he takes the weapon from her hands and she sinks to the ground once more.
She knew she could never escape what the red room had done to her.
He looks to the girl worried and she faces up towards him, fear shining in her eyes.
"What is it?"
She takes a deep breath and pauses before answering him.
"I'm a monster"