Chapter 27: Why Do People Fall Out Of Love

Strumming my guitar while looking from afar and I'm feeling so blue. The air is so cold and I can see some of leaves falling on the ground. My tears escaped as I realized how I hurt Soobin hyung so much.

“What are you playing?” Grandma asked me and sat down.

“Nothing…” I replied then wiped my tears

“Are you okay?”

“I don’t know, grandma. I hurt Soobin hyung…”

“What are you going to do?” She asked me.

I put my guitar on the table and looked at her. “Why do people fall out of love, grandma?” I asked her.

I heard her sighed, “I’m not really sure why people fall out of love but sometimes it’s because you can’t feel the love you felt in the beginning of your relationship. Sometimes, it’s because you already love someone else.”

Our gaze meet then she holds my hand. “Beomgyu, falling out of love is normal because you have feelings. But falling out of love without any reason will make things complicated.”

“I guess I already know why ….”

“Loving someone is what makes you grow. Letting go is what makes you bloom.”

I don’t know what grandma meant by that. “Grandma, it’s really hard… It’s really hard letting him go.”

It’s really hard since I know that my grandma might die because of me. Soobin hyung and I haven’t break up yet but I don’t want to.

Seeing grandma in pain that night made me realize it may triple if I confess what my real feelings are. I don’t want that.

“Beomgyu, who really is inside your heart? If you reflect and think who really it is, then you might find the right answers.”

I nod, “I hope… I really hope grandma.”

After that I messaged Huening if we can see each other at the open park. He agreed and I’m already waiting for him in here.

“How’s Soobin hyung?” I asked him right after he sat beside me.

“I haven’t seen him since yesterday. Did something happen?” He asked me.

“I broke his heart…”

“Why?”

“I… I lied to him.”

I saw him nods and looked away. “Why did you do that? Why did you hurt him?” He asked me.

“I don’t know either… You know, I’m actually asking myself if I didn’t wish that night, is everything will be fine?” I asked even if I know Huening doesn’t understand what I’m talking about.

“The what? Ahh… You wished to the Deity? How can you be so sure that everything will be fine if Soobin hyung didn’t came into your life? The Deity must have a reason why did he grant your wish.” He replied.

“I wonder what his reasons were.”

“I don’t know? For you to learn something? Or maybe it was really your fate…”

Fate… It will always be my fate.

“Huening, should I break up with Soobin hyung?”

He looked at me, “Falling out of love is a choice hyung. You chose not to love Soobin hyung anymore. You chose to let your love fades away. You chose to love someone else even if you wished that Soobin hyung will fall in love with you. Everything you did was your choice. That’s why I told you before, your fate is based on what you did in your present.”

Huening made me speechless for seconds. If I chose to love Soobin hyung and not let Taehyun made me confuse then everything should have ended well.

But why I don’t regret choosing this?

“You’re asking me if you want to break up with Soobin hyung? I can’t answer that. You should answer it and choose the right choices. It’s not me who’ll be affected by that. You wish to know how love works? Then learnt from all the choices you did.”

I covered my face with my palm and sighed. I felt his hand tapping my shoulder as if he’s comforting me. “Huening, am I a bad person? I dragged Soobin hyung in my own mess then leave him in pain.”

“No… You are not. It’s just that everything is really fated to happen.” He said in his sweet voice. “You did well, Choi Beomgyu hyung.”

I looked at him, “How can you say I did well?”

“Because you are learning and will learn a lot after all of this.”

My brows furrowed, “Huening are you really a 17 years old student?” I asked him.

He chuckled, “I’m not also sure hahahaha. I just watched a lot of romance movies that’s why I know some things hahahhaa.” He tapped my shoulder again, “Don’t worry. I’m going to talk to Soobin hyung later and comfort him a lot. You should fix yourself and think what you need to do.”

“R-right…”

“Beomgyu hyung, fighting!”

“Thank you, Huening Kai…”

I heard him chuckled again, “Soobin hyung is a soft person. He’s really sensitive and this is the first time I saw him really in love. You’re the first guy that made him so happy.”

“The sad part is… I’m also the one who’ll hurt him in the end. I’m so sorry Huening. I’m sorry if I hurt him and continue to hurt your hyung.” I apologized and bowed a little at him.

“You should say sorry to him, not to me hahahah. But I need to go now.”

“Ahh yeah… Take care, Huening!”

“Yeah hahahaa! See you after you finally understand what really love is.”

He then left me after that and now I’m alone sitting in the bench. I will finally understand what love is?

Love is as complicated as hell. As painful as fuck but people still love being in love despite of every negative feelings you’re going to experience.

I released a deep sigh and looked above. The sun is too bright, it reminds me the night I wished to the Deity. The moon that night is really glowing.

“After all these pain, will I really thank the Deity that he grant my wishes?”