Chapter 19: A Simple Promise

"BEOMGYU! WAKE UP AND DO YOUR HOMEWORKS ALREADY!"

"5 minutes..."

"IT'S BEEN 30 MINUTES ALREADY, PUNK!"

I forcedly opened my eyes and it's already 9 in the morning. Mrs. Kim messaged me earlier that she won't open the store because she's going to do something and she wants us to rest first.

I yawned then get up so I can drink water and look for something to eat. Grandma is also having a lunch party with Mrs. Baek on their restaurants today since one of their employee and a close friend of them celebrates her birthday.

So yeah, I'm alone.

"I'm going now, don't go anywhere okay!? Finish all your works!" She shouted before slamming the door.

"Okay... I don't really have the energy to go out right now..." I muttered then grab my backpack and sit down on the floor in front of the center table.

As soon as I open my book, my eyes suddenly felt heavy. "Arghhh... Taehyun where are you?" I asked unconsciously.

"Why?"

"What the!" I exclaimed when he's already sitting in front of me. "Stop doing that, you shit!" I yelled at him and almost hit him with my book that I'm holding.

He chuckled,"Hahhahaha. I'm sorry. Why are you looking for me?" He asked me.

"Wait, you're not really dyeing your hair right? The last time I saw it it's still brown but now it's blonde already." asked after seeing his hair color.

He caressed his hair then shook his head, "Nope, I already told you the reason why my hair is like this. So, why?"

"Ahh yeah... The thing is... Well, can you answer this?" I asked him while pointing different books.

"Is that your third wish?"

"NO! What I want is... help. Help me, please?" Then I acted cutely in front of him.

"Hahahahah, okay... Are you sleepy?" He asked me.

I rest my head on my arms while my arm is placed on the table. "Yeah..." I answered and closed my eyes. "I don't know but I felt so tired last night." I said.

I heard that he flipped some book pages, "Why? Is there something bothering you?" He asked me.

"I'm not sure... Yeonjun, told me something yesterday..."

"What is it?"

"It feels like, he's just waiting for me to say something then he'll attack."

"Really? Then, keep yourself from saying what he wants to hear."

I opened my eyes and saw him seriously answering my homework, "Taehyun, are you feeling the same?" I asked him in a low voice.

"Just sleep if you want to."

"Should I take a risk?"

"Why?" He looked at me, "I told you to sleep. Stop talking nonsense." He said and started writing again.

"I'm confuse...and do know what to do."

Then I felt my eyes slowly closing and eventually went back again to sleep.

I don't know how minutes have passed already but when I'm slowly opening my eyes. I sit down properly and did some stretching. That's when I realized Taehyun wasn't here anymore.

I saw a sticky note on my bag. I pulled it and read what it says, "Don't think about of anything for now and just rest. Don't exhaust yourself and be sure to eat a lot. If you're already confused then so I am but don't worry, everything is fine."