I Fell in Love with the Guy at the Rock Show Chapter 2

Jess's POV

"Thank you, we are Surrendering Tempations! Don't forget to vote for us tonight!", Xander said smiling. What did that mean? The bar audience began clapping and cheering, including me. They were probably my new favorite band. They hopped off stage and came walking back to our table. They all looked excited and relieved. Xander, however, had a smirk.

"You guys were awesome!", I said as they sat down.

"Thanks!", they all said smiling widely.

"Are you gonna vote for us?", Zach said.

"Vote?", I said feeling dumbfounded.

"Yeah. Which ever band gets the most votes tonight, gets to go on a 3 month tour. Small venues of course. And it's only around the Northeast, but it's still insanely important", Taylor said excitedly. Mystery solved. Of course I'll vote for them.

"Of course I'll vote for you guys.", I said echoing my thoughts. The boys high-fived me and each other. Then a question popped in my mind. "But how do I vote?"

"On a ballot. Do you have one?", asked Jonathon.

"Um, no", I said.

"Ooh, I'll go get you one!!", Jonathon said beyond enthusiastically. Either this boy was always hyper after a show, or he had too much sugar or caffeine. I watched him run to the bar for a ballot. I went with both. The next band started playing.

"Did you like the songs?", Xander asked with a smirk. I was assuming he was referring to the cover song.

"Yeah, they were amazing.", I said simply. He traded his smirk for a smile.

"Did you like my singing?", he said. His smirk came back with vengeance.

"You have a really good voice", I replied.

"Thank you! So are you a wild girl?" He raised his eyebrows. His question threw me off guard.

"What?", I said.

"You're at a bar, so I was assuming you like to drink."

"Occasionally I have a drink or two, but I've only gotten drunk once." He started smirking again. I think he smirks more than smiles.

"Come with me", he said. He grabbed my hand, and I stood up. I had no idea where this was going. While he was leading me towards wherever, I tried to spot Aria and Parker. I saw Parker dancing with some girl, and I saw Aria talking to her ex in a corner. She had a drink in her hand, so I already knew the supplies would be needed.

Xander ended up taking me to the one place I didn't want to be at. The bar.

"Whoa, what are we doing?", I asked nervously. He sat down on a bar stool, and gestured for me to join him. I sat down cautiously.

"Well, right now we're sitting at a bar."

"Are you even old enough to drink?", I asked. I felt like a hypocrite, because I knew I wasn't old enough either.

"No. Are you?", he said.

"No", I said sounding defeated.

"Exactly. Do you have a fake ID? Nevermind, of course you do. You'd have to have one to get in here.", he said.

"Why did you ask me if I had one? I'm not going to drink.", I said. There was no way I was going to back down.

"Well I am, and if you don't have at least one drink I'll say that you have a fake ID. Out loud. And then they'll contact your parents, and you'll be grounded forever. You might even get sent to a reform camp.", he said. The little jerk was black-mailing me.