I Fell in Love with the Guy at the Rock Show

NEW STORY!!! Woot woot!! Haha :).... I think I like this one better than Why Don't You Say So? because it's funnier (well, I think it's funny lol) .. Hope you like it! :D

**********************************************************************************************

I Fell in Love with the Guy at the Rock Show Chapter 1

Jess's POV

"Are you ready?!?", screamed my best friend, Aria. She was waiting outside of my bathroom door. We were going to a bar where local bands play.

Tonight, I was also the designated driver. My two bff's, Aria and Parker, are hardly ever sober when we go out. Aria is innocent by day and wild by night. Parker is always wild. One time, he got so drunk, he had a hangover for almost four days. He can't hold his alcohol. Period. As for me, I'm always the sober one. Yeah, I'll have a drink or two, but that's it. I go to the bar for the music, not the "good stuff", as Aria and Parker call it.

"Almost!", I yelled back. All I had left to do, was brush my teeth. I heard honking outside the house.

"Hurry up!! Parker's here!!" I was out of the bathroom, before she got done with her sentence. I grabbed my purse and headed out. My parents were out of town, like always, so I didn't have to hide my outfit with a jacket or anything. Aria was already in the passenger seat, so I took the backseat.

"Hey Parker, did you bring the supplies?", I asked Parker.

"Of course. I never leave the supplies at home.", he said smiling. The "supplies" consisted of trash bags, bottled water, saltine crackers, air freshener, Tylenol and breath mints. Those are my best friends, when Parker and Aria have a little too much of the "good stuff".

"So Jess, when are you going to stop being so boring?", asked Parker. Aria started laughing so hard, I thought she was going to throw up before she even started drinking.

"Hey! I am not boring. I just have standards.", I said trying to argue back.

"And we don't?", Aria said, when she finally stopped laughing.

"No.", I said.

"Why not?", Parker asked. The answer was obvious.

"Because people with standards are able to have fun without getting drunk", I said proudly.

"But you never have fun. At all.", he said.

"Yes I do!"

"Staying home and reading is not fun. Baking cookies alone is not fun. Taking care of old people is not fun. Working six days a week is not fun. Babysitting is not f-"

"Ok, I get it!" I interrupted. "You don't have to keep reminding me that my life is boring. I know that already!", I said, finally giving in. The two of them looked at each other and then at me. They both had mischievous looks on their faces. Uh oh.

"Well, tonight is the perfect night to not be boring! And quite possibly, you might get to use the supplies", Parker said winking.

"No. No. NO!!! I am not getting drunk, and you guys can't make me." My tone sounded final in my mind, but I knew they weren't going to let this go. I was in for a long night.

Half an hour later, we were showing our ID's, fake of course, to the men outside. I may be boring, but I can still do illegal things. The men allowed us in. Our fake ID's had to be the most realistic around. But good fake ID's come with a heavy price. Parker has to wash "Mr. Hyde's" (I cannot release his real name for legal purposes. By legal purposes, I mean that Mr. Hyde tells my parents about the ID) car for the rest of the school year, Aria has to clean his room and do his laundry until school's out, and I have to do his homework and be his date to the prom.

Now, back to the subject. When we got in the bar, it was almost full. Aria went straight to the bar, and Parker went to go pee. Not only can he not hold his alcohol, he can't hold his bladder either. When they left, I was alone. It was almost time for the bands to start playing, so I decided to find a place to sit. I found an open seat near the front. I sat down and noticed I wasn't alone. There were four guys, about my age, staring at me. I was sitting next to a cute blond boy with brown eyes.

"Well hello there", the blond boy said smiling. I looked at the other guys who were smiling. Now that I think about it, they were all pretty cute. But that was something I was going to keep to myself.

"Hi", I said smiling.

"This is Zach, Taylor, Jonathon, and I'm Xander." He introduced everyone. As he said each name, the boys waved and smiled. I smiled and waved back.

"I'm Jess. It's nice to meet you.", I said.

"Nice to meet you too", they said simultaneously. The lights dimmed and the first band made their way onto the stage. All the guys were watching and listening intently, except for Xander. He kept looking at me and smiling. When the band was halfway done with their set, Xander moved closer to me. He leaned in and whispered in my ear.

"What's a girl like you doing at a bar all alone on a Friday night?", he asked. He warm breath brushed against my neck.

"I'm not alone. I came here with friends. And what do you mean 'a girl like me'?", I asked. I really wanted to know his answer. He smiled brightly.

"Pretty, nice, well-mannered. That's what I meant.", he said smiling. I felt my cheeks become red. Luckily, the lights were dimmed lower now, so he couldn't see. I hoped.

"You're blushing." Crap. He said it with the biggest smile I've ever seen. I blushed even more. I didn't think it was possible, but it was.

"No, I'm not.", I denied. The band's set was done and they were heading off the stage. He put his hand on my cheek.

"Yes, you are." He stood up. "I have to go, but I'll be back. I promise. Stay right here.", he said winking. Well, what the heck is that supposed to mean? Where did he think I was gonna go? Russia? I sat back and relaxed, as the four boys stood up and walked away. I actually hoped I would see him again. I looked up on stage to find the unexpected. Xander, Zach, Taylor and Jonathon were setting up. I was more than shocked.

The guys started playing. Zach was on the drums, Taylor was on the bass, Jonathon was on guitar, and Xander was singing and playing the guitar. Surprisingly, they were amazing! The band seemed very experienced and Xander's vocals were to die for. While he was singing, he looked at me and winked.

The lyrics he was singing were:

"It's me and you

We're all alone baby.

Sneaking out our windows,

We're on top of the city

So make it happen, make your move

Tomorrow is waiting."

I recognized the lyrics almost immediately. It was a cover song. It was Kids In Love by Red Car Wire. The bands were allowed to sing two original songs and one cover.

He was still looking at me while he was singing. What were his intentions?

****************************************************************************************************

:D How was it? Did it suck? lol

The contest is still on!! But I've changed the rules...

The first three people who comment below by February 27 telling me what song the title comes from will get Chapter 2 dedicated to them!

Also, the first person to write a lyric from the song (it cannot be the title) in their comment, will get one of their stories (you pick which one I read) read, commented, and voted on by me!! If it's really good, I might even fan!! So start typing!!!!!!! :DD

Vote! Comment! Fan!:D

Btw, this chapter is dedicated to MeowxMeowxKitty, because she was really the first person to comment before I changed the rules lol. Plus, she's my best friend of like forever!!!! lol... We go to the same school, we're in the same grade, and we have lots in common.. so congrats!! <3 :)

(sorry for typo's)