Chapter Twenty- Rewewal Ceremony

Start from the beginning

She looked up at made eye contact with me causing the two of us to blush before looking away from each other.

Barry made a weird look between the two of us as if to say 'not this again.'

Iris walked down the steps and in front of Barry who smiled lovingly at each other.

Thea had a point.

I had no idea if I was ever going to get to experience this, especially with Nora being from the future.

"Now, before we get to the main event. You have asked us to keep it simple for this occasion." Cisco said earning a look from Barry. "But one of us couldn't resist adding a little something extra special to the festivities, so without further ado, my man." Cisco said handing a microphone to Bart.

"Thank you, Cisco." Bart said walking to the floor. "Appreciate it. Mom, Dad, this is for you."

Bart began to break out in song, and he was a tremendous singer if I was being honest.

About the halfway through the song I looked up to see Nora staring at me as a tear slowly rolled down her face.

I gave her a small smile which was returned.

Was there something there?

Did she feel something?

Is that why she had been avoiding me, she didn't want a repeat of what happened last time?

Bart finished his song and was surrounded by applause. Him and Barry shared a few words and Bart just shook his head in disappointment at him.

"My fellow Earthling, today, we are here to witness the greatest sequel since Empire Strikes Back."

I shrugged. "Godfather Part Two would like a word."

Cisco scowled at me. "That's enough out of you." He said to me as everyone laughed. 'I am so proud of you.' He mouthed at me as everyone got their laughs out.

I leaned back at Chester and winked at him as he gave me a thumbs up.

"As Barry and Iris renew their vows." Cisco said. "And lend new meaning to the term relationships goals. Now, I understand you both wrote a little something for each other. If you'd like to share this is the time."

Iris cleared her throat. "Barry. They say that love is a friendship that has caught on fire, but ours is a friendship that was struck by lightning. You and I are our own force of nature. And I promise today to continue loving you with my whole heart." Iris said tearing up.

"That was beautiful." Cisco said touching her arm.

"Wow, that was good." I said to Thea. "Bet Barry can live up to that one."

"Good luck following that." Cisco said.

"Iris." Barry said wiping a tear off her face.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"Ever since we met, you've been my lightning rod. But that you're my wife, you are my past, present, and my only future. That's why today, I promise to continue loving you now and forever."

"Okay, that was, that was decent. Ten points for Gryffindor, and ten bucks for Lukas." Cisco said to him. "We had a bet who'd have the better vow."

Barry looked at me jokingly in betrayal and I just shrugged.

"Now, then." Cisco said bringing them to hold hands. "Do you, Iris, Bartholomew, take each other to cherish and to love in good time and bad for all the days of your life?"

"I do." They said together.

"Then by the power vested in me by a last minute internet web search. I now pronounce you husband and wife." Cisco said smiling. "Am I forgetting something?"

"The kiss." Iris said to him.

"The kiss. Yes do the thing." Cisco said to them.

Barry and Iris locked in what seemed like a kiss that lasted either two seconds or forever. I couldn't tell.

"Party Time!"