Chapter 28: The Nether

Start from the beginning

Once we were finished, we began to head back towards one of the closest exits to the hot springs. "What's that?", asked Tommy as he pointed at a dark pillar in the distance. I frowned before telling him to be on guard, we approached slowly before I noticed what it was. "Oh! This is a portal...", I smiled. Tommy questioned it before I began to explain that it was a portal to the Otherworld as many people called it, not many knew its true name. "Want to go?", grinned Tommy. Part of me didn't want to risk Tommy's safety to enter that realm. "Next time, kiddo.", I smiled. Tommy nodded but couldn't hide his disappointment. I pursed my lips as the voices scolded me. "Wanna know what, let's go.", I grinned and took Tommy's hand once again. He cheered and ran with me into the portal. We screamed and laughed as we landed on soft red grass. "Woah!!!", exclaimed Tommy. We dusted ourselves off before Tommy looked around in amazement, I fixed my bag before I noticed that Tommy was starting to run off on his own. "Wait! Tommy!", I shouted. He stopped mid-run to lose his balance as he placed his other foot down. I managed to grab his arm before he fell into the lava below. "Ahhhhhhhh!!!", he screamed, his wings were flapping but his cape was in the way. "Calm down, Tommy! I got you!", I laughed and pulled him up. Tommy let out a shaky breath before he loudly questioned what had happened. "This place is full of holes that make you fall into the lava below.", I sighed.

Tommy sighed before he apologized, I smiled before helping him up. "It's best to stick other, okay?", I said, offering my hand. Tommy nodded before taking hold of it, as we did our little tour, I showed my brother the creatures that were native to the dimension as we as some resources that were good to use back home. We walked around until I saw familiar runes, Tommy questioned them before I smirked. "Ever heard about Piglins?", I asked. Tommy shook his head before he noticed a quartz ore. "Woah! White quartz! It's of good quality!", grinned Tommy. I chuckled and allowed him to mine it while I stayed on the lookout. "Tell me about the Piglins!", he said while mining. I chuckled before telling him that they would attack us if we didn't have any gold on. Tommy questioned if he was safe, to which I responded with a yes. "They're quite civilized... They like to barter with us, the 'Curious Children'.", I chuckled. My brother asked why they referred to us like that, to which I could only respond with a shrug. "I suppose that a better name than an insult.", smiled Tommy, stretching as he got out of the hole he made. 

Tommy suddenly put me behind him as he stood up and got dusted off. "What's wrong?", I frowned. My brother pointed at a group of natives that were headed our way, they had hooves and piglike features. "It's okay... Don't unsheathe your sword.", I reassured and stepped in front of him. My posture relaxed as I examined all of the Piglins, they were dressed in light leather armor with large swords, except for one that had black armor with gold ornaments on his tusks and around his waist. "So those are Piglins, huh?", smiled my brother. He looked amazed as they were at least a few feet away from us. Before he could say anything, I bowed my head at the group and Tommy quickly followed my lead. I heard the Piglins snort and talk among themselves before the leader spoke out. I lifted my head and my brother did the same, the piglin looked at us before he spoke again. 

Leader: ~ᛡᛂᛚᛚᚮ ᛚᛆᛑᛦ ᚮᚠ ᛡᚮᛔᛂ {Welcome, Lady of Hope}

(Y/n): ~ᛔᛚᛠᛍᛂ᛫ᛆᛚᛚᚮᚹ᛫ᛔᛂᚱᛘᛁᛍᛍᛁᚮᚿ᛫ᚵᚱᛠᛐ᛫ᚱᛂᚵᚿᛆᚱ᛬᛬᛬
᛫ᛡᚢᛘᛒᛚᛂ᛫ᛒᛂ᛫ᚮᚢᚱ᛫ᛍᚮᚢᛚᛍ >
{Please allow permission, Great Regnar... Humble be our souls}

Tommy looked at the Leader before his eyes landed on me, the language of the Piglins was a bit difficult and rough on the throat but luckily I knew enough to get us out of any situation. There was a long silence before the Leader laughed and gave his people a quick signal. The group all nodded before they turned into their true forms, Regnar stretched before his form changed as well. The Leader known as Regnar had long pink hair and his eyes were two different colors, one was blue while the other was gold. All of the Piglins looked more human but still possessed their piglin ears and tusks. "You speak as my child does!", roared Regnar, his gold jewelry jingled from his tusks. I chuckled and apologized, reminding him that my husband was more fluent in their language than I was. "Yes, Blade speaks better.", grinned the Piglin before he invited us to their village. Tommy immediately began to ask questions and Regnar tried his best to give him a coherent answer. "Gold Child asks many questions.", sighed Regnar as we arrived at his village. A giggle escaped my lips as I sat next to him in his hut, the villagers all gathered and admired Tommy's hair. "How are your people, Regnar?", I asked. The Piglin only sighed before he explained that they had been attacked by another horde of wither skeletons.

"Something must be done...", I frowned. Regardless of our godhood, there were certain weapons that could kill us. Weapons highly enchanted or made from Wither bones, most Gods didn't mess with those creatures but for the sake of these natives, I had to at least try. "I will scout the outskirts. Please keep my brother safe for a moment.", I smiled. Regnar nodded before handing me his sword. It was surprising that this native didn't kill me on the spot but he even offered me his sword which was already a great honor. I turned to Tommy and explained that I would be back in a minute. He protested and began to follow me before my piglin friend picked him up. "Thank you, I'll be back!", I grinned. Tommy started to claim he was a grown man but Regnar still held him up as I waved at them. Two more Piglins follow behind at a distance for my safety. My emerald earring began to glow a bright yellow.

"Sister, where are you?"

Wilburs voice echoed in my ear and I smiled before tapping the gem. "Wilby! I'm in the Nether with Tommy... Though there's a situation here that I will handle.", I explained. Wilbur chuckled before asking for our location, I told him and he announced that he would be there with Technoblade. "Ah! Wait be careful on your way here!", I shouted but the gem had lost its glow. I turned and explained to the natives what was going on before they nodded. "You speak nicely.", complimented one of the women. A smile spread on my lips and thanked her, hoping she could teach me later how to speak properly when we both had the time. "I apologize for our manners.", spoke the woman next to the girl that spoke to me. She bowed and the girl followed suit. "My name is Brynhilda, wife of Regnar and chief of our village alongside my husband. This woman by my side is my eldest, Beras.", spoke the woman. Her words were fluent and not cut up like most of the other Piglins. "Mother talk better because she speak with all 'Curious Children'.", grinned Beras. Her mother cleared her throat before lightly smacking her daughter's head.

I laughed and introduced myself formally to the duo. "Thank you for escorting me around the Nether.", I smiled. They nodded and questioned how I knew the true name of their realm. "Ah! That's because my husband taught me about it. Most humans call this the 'Otherworld', without even knowing that there are natives here.", I said. The woman smiled and began to praise me for my diligence, explaining how many just came into this dimension to massacre entire villages and maul down forests.

There was a familiar presence before I noticed Wilbur's familiar. A large white cat with beautiful blue eyes purred and snuggled my legs. "Hello there, Mittens.", I chuckled and spoiled the cat. The women looked at the creature with amazement in their eyes. "Can pet?", asked Beras, she looked like an excited child. I nodded and she happily spoiled the cat while her mother apologized. "It's quite alright! Mittens enjoys the attention.", said a familiar voice. I grinned and tackled Wilbur before he chuckled and hugged me back. Behind him, giving Wilbur a jealous glare, was Techno. He looked tired yet he came over and greeted the women before he looked at me.

"Am I painted along the Nether walls?"

Apologies for errors
Hope you enjoyed, as always
Thanks for

*Reading
*Voting
*Commenting
*Following
*Adding this to your Reading list

Have a good morning/day/afternoon/evening/night!

*~ TØP RAVEN ~*