Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored [11]

Start from the beginning

Sweet, sweet control.

And they were no strangers to the long game. They had manipulated Normani. Made sure that her and Madeleine would be friends, got her close to her, in her apartment. And then kidnapped her and ruined her life, killed, her. They were liars, manipulators and willing to do anything for a means.

They were just like her, before Sapphire, before Normani.

Heartless and cold.

"Mom." Natasha was thrust out of her thoughts, but when she looked for Sapphire in her mind she realized that she was talking to her out loud. She zoned back in to see everyone staring at her, awaiting her answer.

This was one of the most dangerous games of Russian roulette that Nat had ever played. All of the knives were in her hand. Sharp and filled with the motive to kill, cut and damage. To sever ties between this world and the Mirror Realm. And God, she better not let that knife hit her hand.

She gulped painfully and then sighed. Doubt creeping its way into every thought she had and every word she began to speak.

"Fine." She concluded. Everyone around her cheered. "But don't think for one second that I'm not the most concerned person in this room right now. This better not mess anything up, Parker. Because if it does, you have two very angry people and one will not hesitate to dismember you."

She was obviously talking about herself, but the look in Sapphire's eyes made Peter think this might have been about her...

"I... um, okay. Yes ma'am. But I can almost guarantee that this will work." He responded. "Alright, well explain it to me while you guys boot it up." Natasha asked, switching into Avengers mode as Peter smiled and walked over to the device.

"Okay, the Hank Pym Quantum Realm theory is extremely simple. It's the idea that there is a realm incased within this world that is so shrunk down that it can spread channels to others. He argued that it could be used for time travel purposes but he went missing before that was proven. Anyway. The idea was that by using the Quantum Realm, we would be able to access any realm or world that we needed to as long as we had it's coordinates." Peter explained.

"Okay, now explain the Space Theory." Liz added.

"Right." Ned took over. "The Space Theory is a little more complicated. It states that using the Tesseract we'd be able to access a portal that could take us anywhere in this realities space time continuum. In other words, if you wanted to go back in time or forward, it wouldn't work. But you could definitely travel to another realm that exists in this plane of existence, which the Mirror Realm does." Ned finished.

"I thought the Mirror Realm was a dimensional prison somewhere in a pocket realm. How is that even remotely even in the same reality?" Liz asked. Peter smiled. "Exactly, which is where the Quantum Realm comes in. The Mirror Realm is a dimension, meaning it has dimensional rules for it to remain stable, all of them do. In order for us to even remotely have channels of conversation through it, that would require the channels to be similar or the same. Meaning that it exists, everywhere and it adapts. And where is a convenient place to adapt without having the downside of human beings?"

"Space." Sapphire answered, finally putting it together. "Exactly, beautiful." Peter smiled, making Sapphire blush. "Outer Space. And what helps us travel through those pockets?" He asked. "The Tesseract."

"Oh my God, he's right." Liz exclaimed. "Don't sound so shocked Liz, damn of course I am." Ned joked, high fiving Peter. "Okay, focus you two. How do we get this thing started then? We're running out of time and patience." Natasha said, biting her bottom lip. "Right, we're going to need the Tesseract and some Pym Particles." The looks on everyone's faces exchanged themselves for shock. "I'm sorry, we need what?" "The Tesseract... and some Pym Particles."