He grinned, “Yeah.”

I couldn’t help but let out a little chuckle, “Why?”

Colton was silent for a minute, “Because, you deserved this.” Something told me his words meant more than the surface value.  

Overall, I didn’t know what to say but, “Thank you, Cole.” 

I was brushing my teeth when I closed my eyes and tried to push the memory of last night out of my head. So much had happened, so much that my head was spinning with wonder at what the hell was going on with Colton and me. 

It should be simple. It needs to be simple. Yet it was far from simple, and that irked me more than anything. 

My stomach growled, indicating I was indeed hungry and didn’t eat on the way back here. However, I knew I couldn’t and wouldn’t eat.  

“Alice?” Colton said as we stood in the elevator that was gradually rising to our floor.  

I wanted to say ‘yes’ but my mind was running ninety to nothing. We’d just had a very nice dinner on the beach and were currently making our way back to the room. I should be requesting the room next door. I should not be staying in the same room as him. It would be awkward and ... well ... my mind knew the wild thoughts that were swimming in my head. 

“Alice,” Cole spoke once more. 

I looked over at him, “What?” The word came out bitter and a little angry. 

He was staring at me, in the eye. I didn’t like it. It reminded me of what the magazine said about eye contact. 

“Stop looking at me in the eye,” I blurted out harshly. 

Colton smiled, as if finding my words humorous, and looked at something else. “As you wish.”

The elevator dinged, and the doors slowly opened. 

We stepped out and walked down the hall to our room. When we got there, Colton opened the door with the key. I had to admit I was proud of him; it only took the man three tries this time to open the door. 

When the hotel door swung open, Colton just stood there. “After you,” he spoke. 

I looked up at him to see he wasn’t looking at me but the room. I walked in and sighed heavily. This was the moment. This was when I tell him that I need the key to the other room. 

I opened my mouth to speak up but my voice failed me. 

“Wanna watch a movie?” Colton asked before he took off his shoes, grabbed the remote and laid down on his bed.

I shrugged my shoulders, “Sure.” It was settled after the movie I was to ask for the key to the other room. 

I climbed on my bed and watched as Colton turned on the television. “What are we going to watch?” I questioned as I looked over at him. 

“Whatever you wanna watch,” his eyes were focused on the T.V screen. 

It was then I noticed he hadn’t looked at me since the elevator, when I asked him not to. “Look at me, Colton.” 

“Nope.”

I glared at him, even though he didn’t see. “Look at me, Cole.”

“No.”

“Please.”

“No.”